Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally all setup.

here's what she looked like before, after and then a night shot all lit up :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, it doesnt allow the color to be changed to red. i really wish it did. but, it actually looks pretty good when you see it in person with that little bit of blue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coot,

How'd you wire it?
[/b]
i had it installed at tweeter. i was originally going to do it, but lately i dont have all that much free time (just started a new job) plus i wanted it installed in the map compartment. after talking to the installer, he was telling me about how he could make a fiberglass casing and then wrap it in vinyl to match the dash. so i decided to go that route.

whoops, i didnt even realise that was in the pic (editted) and fyi, the car infront of me is not mine.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i have the N3 as well how do you like it? im sure you love that sucker to death :)

although.....i DO not like how you put it in the map pocket. reason being is the fact of how High that thing is! thats why i didnt do it there, it wouldve been a distraction for me to be honest and it wouldnt look right. but to each his own. atleast you did a clean job! keep up the uniqueness and ur all set man! i think your one of the few that has done this, so atleast your in that category. :)

like i said enjoy the Head Unit and dont take what i said to offense, just a little contrustive ( sorry for spelling ) critism :) :drive:

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeah im going to have to agree. i really dont like the placement of it. nice and clean install but that thing is way too high for my tastes. why did you chose to not go with the metra kit?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
yeah im going to have to agree. i really dont like the placement of it. nice and clean install but that thing is way too high for my tastes. why did you chose to not go with the metra kit?
[/b]
+1.

I didn't like it back in the day when people did it before the metra kit was available, and I definately don't like it now.

·
Registered
603 Posts
another suggestion....why didnt u get a unit that doesnt flip out? so that way you can have it motorized so its nice and stealth? but either way good install like i said its just not my cup of tea :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no offense taken. a few of my friends said the same thing until they actually saw the finished product in the car. the pictures really dont do it justice. i was originally going to go the route of the metra kit, but i thought it was to low. this way when im using the nav and i look over i dont really take my focus off of the road to look down. my only complaint is that the unit glows blue and not red.

ive gotta say i love the n3. :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
NOt a fan AT ALL. Kind alooks like an eye-sore to me

I'm more curious to know what this talk of the lisence plate is?. I do not see it at all.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm more curious to know what this talk of the lisence plate is?. I do not see it at all.
[/b]
pic was taken out....just look at the links and change to..../navcomp.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts