Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My name is Tom and last night I picked up a LPM 2006 Mazadaspeed6 Grand Touring, with 2800 miles on it. :cheers: The car has everything but Nav, which I'm used to having but I'll get by. :D This is my first Mazda ever, I actually never even considered one until a day or two ago, and now I have one in my driveway! :) I was looking for a AWD sedan with decent power and comfort. I used to own a WRX, so this was a toss up between the Legacy GT, and the MS6. In the end, I just liked the overall look and feel of the 6 better, although I will always a big subie fan.

So I put about 100 miles on the car last night, and I can’t wait to rack up some more. It is much different than what I am used to driving for the past 3 months, my 2006 twin turbo C6. Going from a 700HP daily driver, to 280 takes some getting used to! :laugh: I joined this site to learn more about the car, as well as meet some cool people who share the same enthusiasm for cars. For a little more info about me, I posted a link to my CarDomain web page; there will be one up for the 6 soon! :thumbup:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167960/1

Oh and BTW, I hope to do some type of reflash and a more free flowing exhaust as my first (and likely only) mods. Gotta start searching for info!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Awesome, Welcome to the club...I am about to check out your ride!

Any mods planned? *edit* Okay you answered my question..lol .....What future mods do you plan to do?

·
Registered
215 Posts
welcome to the club glad you're already enjoying your 6! and dont be afraid to ask questions.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wow nice vette and wrx. It seems that you really like to mod your cars. Hopefully the aftermarket support for the Speed6 will grow.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Wow, nice pair of cars. The 6 is a great addition. Welcome and enjoy modding the Speed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. As far as modding goes, as you can see from my old WRX and current Vette, I have a problem. :D One of the things that appealed to me about the MS6 is that it has only mild aftermarket support... the last thing I need to to dump big $$$ into another car and make it less reliable. Like I mentioned in my 1st post, I'd like a better exhaust and reflash to free up some power and maybe make it a little more fun to goose the pedal. ;)

BabyBlue M6, I am in the Milford area, where are you...?

·
Registered
375 Posts
damn that is a nice vette. i am in the process of a turbo v8 myself.
what part of ct are you from ?
my sister lives down in new london area, id love to come down and see your car in person

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have an apartment in New London with my gf. But right now i'm finishing my last year of school and living in another apt up in Springfield MA.

If ya don't mind...would you pm me the details of your purchase. Just Curious. where'd you get it? what'd you pay? interest rate?

Look forward to meeting you at a meet or somethin.

Freakta...are you ever in new london?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Milford MS6!!!!!

WOO we need to get together man!

Welcome and congrats!

EDIT:HOLY $H1T! I just looked at your cardomain site your C6 is incredible! You have some seriously good taste in vehicles! Love the REX as well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Milford MS6!!!!!

WOO we need to get together man!

Welcome and congrats!

EDIT:HOLY $H1T! I just looked at your cardomain site your C6 is incredible! You have some seriously good taste in vehicles! Love the REX as well!
[/b]

HA! That's funny, small world! I'll keep an eye out for you... What part of Milford are you in? I'm usually at Ruby Tuesdays in Shelton every Tuesday until the snow starts, and Trumbull D&D every Wednesday. Besides that, I usually stay in all winter... but now I have an excuse to come out and play in the snow! :D :drive:

BabyBlue M6, I'll send you a PM in a second...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
HA! That's funny, small world! I'll keep an eye out for you... What part of Milford are you in? I'm usually at Ruby Tuesdays in Shelton every Tuesday until the snow starts, and Trumbull D&D every Wednesday. Besides that, I usually stay in all winter... but now I have an excuse to come out and play in the snow! :D :drive:

BabyBlue M6, I'll send you a PM in a second...
[/b]
I live by the hospital, normaly I hang at Bennigans in Milford on weds or Thurs and either on Fri's or Sat's I can be found at Citrus or something down town, my GF is in Shelton and we go to that Ruby Tuesdays every now and then and the new Outback in Shelton is pretty good too.

Man I would LOVE to see that C6 of yours...I am so jealous of your cars :p

Oh and though the MS6 is fun in the snow I'd be willing to bet that you WRX is even better!

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
Welcome to the club. Some nice looking cars you have there bud. Good luck with the Speed.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
yep....I agree with all the other 6members on here....AWESOME RIDES you have!!....But welcome to the Crew!! ALso....NICE PICS!

·
Registered
402 Posts
yes very much. Welcome. Im new here my self I just got my speed6 3 weeks today. I love it even more then the day I got it. If you wanna see some pics just click my signature. Great collection of cars btw as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome to the club! Congrats on the new MS6! Just thought I'd say I'm originally from Milford, CT. I used to work at Milford Jai Alai and hang out at the Bennigans across the street, graduated from Foran. I go back there every now and again. Nice Pics of your new MS6.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
jesus, god, how much $$$ does it take to get a C6 up to 700HP?
Looks like you love tinkering cars so hopefully you'll come up with someting fun for the MS6. Looks like this is the 'weakest' car that you've had in a couple of years so hopefully it doesn't feel too slow. :)

I see some hyperblack rims with silver lip in your future...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jesus, god, how much $$$ does it take to get a C6 up to 700HP?
Looks like you love tinkering cars so hopefully you'll come up with someting fun for the MS6. Looks like this is the 'weakest' car that you've had in a couple of years so hopefully it doesn't feel too slow. :)

I see some hyperblack rims with silver lip in your future...
[/b]

$10k for a full APS twin turbo kit. ;) Either that or a $1000 nitrous setup. :D

I've had plenty of other cars over the past few years that were slower than the MS6, including my wife's current tC, and a '93 Sentra SE-R...

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the new MS6! Just thought I'd say I'm originally from Milford, CT. I used to work at Milford Jai Alai and hang out at the Bennigans across the street, graduated from Foran. I go back there every now and again. Nice Pics of your new MS6.[/b]
Ha! I graduated from Foran, too! Class of 2000... :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts