Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
You'll need everything, including the dashboard harness/cluster/column/keys/etc... Everything is different.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not much of a bump in HP from that swap.

Would the 3.0 fit in there, or is that another fitment nightmare?

Nightmare.

Anything newer than 1998 by any brand is very difficult to swap engine platforms as OBD II is very specific at times as well as problems with passive anti-theft that pretty much all cars have had since OBD II was introduced.

Go with a 2.5L and turbo it. It would be cheaper than trying to swap in a V6/Speed motor and not require extensive parts swapping.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can be the 1st to put a 3.7 from the second gen into a 2.3 body if you're really looking for a bump in hp...and a challenge.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can be the 1st to put a 3.7 from the second gen into a 2.3 body if you're really looking for a bump in hp...and a challenge.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
I have a 2010 3.7l, and that would be a wicked combination. Not real practical, but at least you can find them, which is more than I can say about turbos for the 2.3 or 2.5.

It does not seem like there is much you can do to substantially increase HP on these cars, so I suppose my first thought is the best; stick to the suspension and electronics and be satisfied with that.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You have to build your own turbo kit, likely cost $4-5K by the time you get it tuned. You could easily push 300HP+ to the wheels with a 2.3L/2.5L with a turbo.

Swapping the motor is simply not an option. You can easily find a replacement car with the motor you actually want for less than what it would cost to swap to a different motor (or to add a turbo for that matter).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
b1lk1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing