Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this has been an aggravating problem for a while now. I have been needing to put fresh coolant in every few weeks, because every time I check it there is none in the reservoir. I never ever see any puddles of coolant or even drips. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be? I have troubles with my heater too if it helps. The trouble with that is it doesnt blow any heat if I am accelerating. Anywho any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ive got the same problem with my 07 6i although my heat works perfectly, Ive never over heated and I dont seeem to have any leaks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You're burning it. Unless there's a crack in the bottom of the reservior, it has to be going somewhere. Out the exaust would be my guess. Small amounts won't create a noticable amount of steam.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When coolant is leaking into the combustion chamber 99.9% of the time it's because of a leaking head gasket. Beating on your car, and just wear and tear are usually to blame.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If you are under warranty still and have nothing that will void it, it will be covered.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE (Halozander @ Jan 25 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632228
think they would blame my MF cat-back for a head gasket?[/b]
There's no logical reason they should, but that won't stop them. Replacing a head gasket is a big enough job that any excuse might be used to try and void your warranty. Swap that exhaust back to stock if you can...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
QUOTE (Halozander @ Jan 25 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632228
copy that,
take off the CAI.
think they would blame my MF cat-back for a head gasket?[/b]
They may try. But legally if the part is not the direct cause of the problem/failure, they can't. Doesn't mean they won't try though. Just to save your self the headache. If you do need to go to the dealer I'd try to go back to stock as much as possible.

read this ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%8...ss_Warranty_Act

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok good point but the problem with a leaky head gasket would mean you would smell that coolant in your exhaust and i dont it takes me about 3 months (roughly) for my coolant to drain and I dont smell it in my exhaust and I dont have a drip at all

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE (Halozander @ Jan 26 2010, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632392
well at least for me in CO where at the moment its not too hot lol, I loose all of mine in the reservoir in about 2-3 weeks[/b]
WOW 2-3 weeks is bad not as bad as mine I think i loose mine in about 2-3 months anyway if its a leaking head gasket you would smell the coolant in your exhaust and can almost taste it in ur mouth as u walk by ur exhaust, I work for a GM dealership and Ive asked all the techs for me they think its natural evaporation especially since I have a lead foot and tend to drive fast 80+ on highways but for u first thing i would check is smelling ur exhaust fumes early in the monrning on a cold start if u smell the coolant (trust me you'll know if its coolant or not) u def have a problem and should get it adressed asap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts