Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many other new 2009 6 owners have noticed painter's-type tape under the hood? My dealer's service shop foreman said it is supposed to be there. But it clearly is not heat resistant tape, and looks like it might become stuck in some of the engines moving parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have noticed this tape and I removed two pieces that were almost off anyway. Also, I noticed a small clear plastic bag with a rubber band built into it, similar to a very small shower cap. This was located sitting near the firewall on the driver's side. I was just bunched up and not covering anything. It looks like it was placed over something for shipping and they forgot to remove it during delivery prep. I kept it just in case, but I do not think it should be permanent.

·
Registered
908 Posts
How small is that bag? I got a small one in my glove box but it had a note for the remotes in it so it must have held them during shipping. Maybe it was windy when they were prepping your car and they had the hood open. Lost it in there I guess...
I hadn't noticed any blue tape but I haven't looked recently.

~Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Newb here,
Yes I do have the blue tape, painters tape, probably used to identify wiring harnesses for assembly, there is also regular colored masking tape inside around the harnesses. Probably best to remove as much as possible,as this should have been done at the factory.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (musicman @ Dec 22 2008, 07:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1493919
How many other new 2009 6 owners have noticed painter's-type tape under the hood? My dealer's service shop foreman said it is supposed to be there. But it clearly is not heat resistant tape, and looks like it might become stuck in some of the engines moving parts.[/b]
Yes, I had the tape in many places. Looks like they were using for identifying wiring (maybe during initial production). I bought my car in Sept of 2008. I removed most of it. Looks like blue masking tape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (Bigocciput @ Jan 15 2009, 12:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1504499
I have noticed this tape and I removed two pieces that were almost off anyway. Also, I noticed a small clear plastic bag with a rubber band built into it, similar to a very small shower cap. This was located sitting near the firewall on the driver's side. I was just bunched up and not covering anything. It looks like it was placed over something for shipping and they forgot to remove it during delivery prep. I kept it just in case, but I do not think it should be permanent.[/b]
I found a little green and bigger yellow rubber caps (look like electrical caps of some kind with rubber pull tabs. Not sure what they were on or for. I found them both on the passenger side between the hose and coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I found a couple pieces last time I had the hood open. I don't recall where i found them but they weren't holding anything, just hanging out.
Maybe they use the blue tape to hold identification tags when the car is still in pieces and they simply pull the tags off, sometimes leaving tape behind.

~Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (Ricky Bobby @ Apr 29 2009, 04:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1554003
Yes, I had the tape in many places. Looks like they were using for identifying wiring (maybe during initial production). I bought my car in Sept of 2008. I removed most of it. Looks like blue masking tape.[/b]
Yes I have the masking tape, as well as found yellow rubber cap sitting on top of transmission, the dealer mechanic removed it, looks like packaging material that fell into engine compartment.

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (jkobty @ Jun 19 2009, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1575013
Yes I have the masking tape, as well as found yellow rubber cap sitting on top of transmission, the dealer mechanic removed it, looks like packaging material that fell into engine compartment.[/b]
i have a piece of painters tape on my back windshield... anyone else have this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts