Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I charged the battery to 100% last night around 5:00. By 10:00 this morning, it was down to 60%. I then charged it back up to 100% again, but this time disconnected the negative cable. As of 4:45 pm, it was down to 70%. I have to believe the battery is toast.

Unfortunately, when plugged into a battery tester at Sears and at O'Reilly's, the tester said the battery passed. It is a Die Hard Platinum that is just over four years old. It is still under warranty, but since it "tests" ok, they won't replace it.

I'm thinking of taking it to the Sears store and leaving it there for them to charge and then check at the end of the day. Maybe if they'll see the charge drop, they'll cover it. Otherwise, i have to buy a new battery at full price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a problem with the door handles, at times they will malfunction and drain battery and might even try to lock and unlock the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a problem with the door handles, at times they will malfunction and drain battery and might even try to lock and unlock the car.
I know this is old lmao but interesting because I'm having the same issue with my 1 year old battery and leaving the car for 2 days kills it. I currently have a issue with the driver door not remotely closing. The driver door only locks and unlocks with key. All the other doors work with the key fob.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Can you hear the driver door's lock actuator working or not? if you can hear it clearly working then it could be a linkage problem. Take the inside panel off and investigate.

Perform a voltage draw test on your systems. Isolate what system(s) is using too much current when it should be off.

You should not have systems that is using more than 50mA when it should be off/standby. Less is better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you hear the driver door's lock actuator working or not? if you can hear it clearly working then it could be a linkage problem. Take the inside panel off and investigate.

Perform a voltage draw test on your systems. Isolate what system(s) is using too much current when it should be off.

You should not have systems that is using more than 50mA when it should be off/standby. Less is better.
When using the key the driver side door makes no sound what so ever, all the other doors do. The only time all the doors sound is when I lock them from the inside using the lock switch. I will perform the test today to see what the problem with the drain might be too. Thx for the reply btw.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Also, check the BCM (Body Control Module) for water/corrosion damage. Thoroughly inspect/clean those connectors/terminals

unsure of your year/specific model but this may help a little;

21 - 26 of 26 Posts