Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really wierd (and no i haven;t disconnected my battary). Its almost like my windows short out. I'll just be driving and i push the button to auto down. Then when i get out of my car i auto up. All of a sudden i'll be randomly driving and the auto up down function stops working. Its so wierd. this has happened to me a few times now. All i'm doing is going down the road and ONLY the driver side front window stops doing the auto up and down. Its not a huge thing its just annoying haveing to reset the auto up and down feature especially when i'm not even disconnecting the battary. wierd... any ideas as to why this could be?

Reactions: Driverr6

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ummm.. well... If you know about how to program the window switches... and doing that doesn't change or fix it... I suggest taking it into mazda.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had a similar problem. Never disconnected the battery but the auto feature in only the drivers door window stopped working for a few days. I tried the reset to no avail. I was debating taking it into Mazda but then it just started working again. Kinda strange

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I've had a similar problem. Never disconnected the battery but the auto feature in only the drivers door window stopped working for a few days. I tried the reset to no avail. I was debating taking it into Mazda but then it just started working again. Kinda strange
[/b]

i work in a mazda service department. mazda has a bulletin on this already. go to the dealer, get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
What is the fix?
[/b]
ill read about it tomorrow, we havent gotten any speed6's in with the issue yet.

·
Registered
592 Posts
its becuase of water. happened to me after i washed my car one day. it finally started working normally again and hasnt happened since then

·
Registered
856 Posts
My driver's side window does this too...very frustrating.
It also sounds like the window closes hard...if that makes any sense...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think its water related. This has happened to me a few times and it wasn;t like it was raining or i went through a car wash. i think its just a fluke~ but yea i'm def gonna take it into mazda and see... i'm just glad i'm not the only one this has been happening to ^__^

·
Registered
651 Posts
It also sounds like the window closes hard...if that makes any sense...
[/b]
My drivers side window was doing this same "clunk"/"snap" when it would close. I took it to the dealer and they had to tighten/re-torque the loose window regulator bolts. That was back in July, but it sounds like it is starting to get louder again. If it is the same problem, hopefully they will replace something.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
ok just alittle thred hyjacking

you think your windows are bad

i have woken up twice this week to my windows being down, they were up when i parked it and there is no way the button got pushed on the remote

has this happened to anyone else

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
ok just alittle thred hyjacking

you think your windows are bad

i have woken up twice this week to my windows being down, they were up when i parked it and there is no way the button got pushed on the remote

has this happened to anyone else
[/b]
Never to me, thank God I park in the garage at night! It's been raining on and off here in Austin for the last couple of days, more to come!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is really wierd (and no i haven;t disconnected my battary). Its almost like my windows short out. I'll just be driving and i push the button to auto down. Then when i get out of my car i auto up. All of a sudden i'll be randomly driving and the auto up down function stops working. Its so wierd. this has happened to me a few times now. All i'm doing is going down the road and ONLY the driver side front window stops doing the auto up and down. Its not a huge thing its just annoying haveing to reset the auto up and down feature especially when i'm not even disconnecting the battary. wierd... any ideas as to why this could be?
Wow funny you say that this happened in july with me and when I called mazda they said they could do anything unless something actually was broken ......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts