Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after about 6 months of having my license and getting my 2004 Mazda 6i from my awesome parents, I finally decided to post a picture thread of my car after about 3 months of adding stuff to it.

I honestly cannot think of anything else I can add to this car to make it look nicer other than the Konig Rims that I'm saving for. If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them! :)

Oh and I don't mean to toot my own horn, but my Mazda 6 has a SUPER AWESOME MEGA AWESOME SUPER COOL MOD that NONE of you have!!!!! A Chinese 14k ornament that hangs on my rear-view mirror that means "safety" or somethin'. lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lower it..remove doorguards

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sell on eBaY for about $140 from some guy named "racing Raven". They come from japan and take about 2 weeks to get to you...OH and be sure to buy the right year group they have one for the 2003-2005 and one for the 2006-2008. It comes painted too, which is nice unless you want to buy the unpainted one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
looks good.. me personally id lose the mazdaspeed sticker first as its not a ms6, like the others said lose the door gaurds (much cleaner look) and get rid of the chrome door handles if possible

some good rims and lower it and itll be nice... possibly debadge?

keep it up the 6 is a great car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice.. Not a fan of lettering on the windshields but that grill and color combination makes up for it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not to be mean but I'm not a fan of window stickers unless it's something you actually have. Besides that it looks great. You should definetely get tint and some wheels. The tint really changes the look of the car and would compliment your tail lights nicely. Maybe try getting some rx8 wheels for cheap.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the way I see it people around here are typically not as "educated" about the Mazda 6 Trims as you guys are, so I like the decal banner anyway. Gives it a race-like look in my opinion.

I'm also planing to get new rims, BWT 17" 5 Spoke Rim Wheel thing... but I need MONIES! :(

I don't plan on lowering my car at ALL. It just isn't worth it for me. Everyday I go to school and there's this HUGE ramp and lowering the car would result in a super-frustrated me.

I would like to look into how you take off the door guards, and de-badging is out of the question for me ( I actually went to the dealership and bought the Mazda Badge for about $5.30 USD and put it on the grill ).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Unless you already have some 17" tires you will need new tires for 17" wheels. So if you get 18" wheels you will need tires that fit 18" wheels.

In otherwords, yes. :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
looks good.. me personally id lose the mazdaspeed sticker first as its not a ms6, like the others said lose the door gaurds (much cleaner look) and get rid of the chrome door handles if possible

some good rims and lower it and itll be nice... possibly debadge?

keep it up the 6 is a great car
+1 and i think the debadge comment was directed to the emblems on the deck lid. afa door guard removal, mine just pulled right off, it is only double sided tape. if it has been on for a while as your have, just heat them up with a hair dryer, shove your finger nail under the begenning of one and pull off. if there is any adhesive left use rubbing alcohol to remove and then use a buffer to remove any lines left over by the double sided tape.

·
Registered
148 Posts
as answered yes you will need new tires. But trust me, saving up a few extra weeks is TOTALLY worth it.

we now have a speed6 with factory 18s, but before we bought it we had a regular 6 with some black 17s and honestly they were just way to small. you will be much happier with the overall look of 18's

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yea. i upgraded to ms3 18's, and they are def the way to go. i want 19's in all truth, but know id have to give up some of my drop if i did that. and im just not willing to do that. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
18's would be perfect. Just make sure they are something lightweight. I bought a set of boat anchors as my first wheels and hated it. O and a drop like everyone else said.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
my car is a daily driver. ;) and i was even the lowest 6 at the national meet. sitting next to show cars that are never driven.

just cause your lowered, doesnt mean its not drivable. it just means you have to be a better driver then the vast majority of other drivers. lol. its mastering angles. speed bumps you just take slowly. i actually rub my skirts on speed bumps im so low. but if you go slow, it doesnt even leave marks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts