Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its almost done, heres a few pics, the shops just gotta finish painting the front and rear bumpers. then when its all done ill be completely decking her out with red leds and neons. Rims will be here in a couple weeks, lemme kno what u think!

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
i like the exhaust but rest is eh. but i like the fact your doing something different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You got your interior re-done. you should have had your radar wire ran underneath that way you cant see it.

Otherwise not something i would do, but it looks okay.

·
Registered
659 Posts
C'mon people, "gay"? Gen2ers are above that . . .

Anyhoo --- obey the first rule of anything 'custom': if you get scraped up, freaking fix it because it's low-class to tool around with a half-torn-off front bumper . . . you should see the neighborhoods here.

Personally, I'd ditch the custom shifter [wait for the short-throw and stage2] (and the muffler too . . .) and have the shift boot re-dyed to match the interior paint. Fuzz-busters usually look better from the top (easier to run the wires)

So let's see what it looks like after you get it back together.

-Ernie

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with Ernie, but I appreciate the work you are doing to get just the look you want. Do what you want, not what others want you to do. I can appreciate just about anything if it looks professionally done (an that can be done by an amateur - it doesn't take a high price pro to get professional results).

Are you going with aftermarket front and rear covers and rockers?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ew... thats my opinion... if you like it thats all that matters...

i follow the "less is more" mantra

Reactions: alfkorda

·
Registered
253 Posts
I see you left the bottom of the rockers oem red(under the doors) are you planning to put black sideskirts ?
I'll have to agree with the others and this is too much bling for me...I'd have to be pimp to drive that kinda car without looking ridiculous.
I like what you did with the steering wheel
good luck with the project

·
Registered
563 Posts
C'mon people, "gay"? Gen2ers are above that . . .

Anyhoo --- obey the first rule of anything 'custom': if you get scraped up, freaking fix it because it's low-class to tool around with a half-torn-off front bumper . . . you should see the neighborhoods here.

Personally, I'd ditch the custom shifter [wait for the short-throw and stage2] (and the muffler too . . .) and have the shift boot re-dyed to match the interior paint. Fuzz-busters usually look better from the top (easier to run the wires)

So let's see what it looks like after you get it back together.

-Ernie
i would ignore talon, he seems to have a 'tude going on.

I see you left the bottom of the rockers oem red(under the doors) are you planning to put black sideskirts ?
I'll have to agree with the others and this is too much bling for me...I'd have to be pimp to drive that kinda car without looking ridiculous.
I like what you did with the steering wheel
good luck with the project
i didn't even notice the rocker panels. good catch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Let see how it looks all together!! Props for doing something unique and not guetto. I see lot of work on that car. The sideskirt should be paint black too no? I like the exhaust..I was wondering how a bigger exhust would look on a i4 mazda6...

·
Registered
659 Posts
There's a SMART ForTwo right near where I work; a body shop owns it and it's got this sick iridescent hunter green to royal purple metallic paint job . . . talk about some good looking lipstick on a pig ;)

Personally, I fear custom paint; I can't stand tiny digs and scratches in the stock paint and just couldn't stomach having it happen to something that costs so much (starts at $2000 in my area).

My skills aren't that good at buffing etc, so that doesn't help much either.

Maybe we can petition the OP to remove the tin can :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still to come...
-Louise Vuitton Red on Black Upholstery
-Lambo doors
-Red Leds+Neons
-7" Touchscreen H.U.
..... annnnd anything else i feel like wasting my money on

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol i dint think id get these many different opinions but go head, i just do what i do, but heres one thing i noticed, since i got my car back from the paintshop, heads turn my way, since i put the rims on, heads turn and follow, when i get the lambos on, well i dunno when i get out i hope jaws drop lol lemme see what u think bout that, its gonna happen so shoot early lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts