Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's my track wheel set-up, finally on my car.

Wheels: Kosei K1 TS, specs: 18X7.5, 50mm HPO, and just over 17lbs w/ no tires.

Tires: Nitto Nt05's, specs: 235/40/18, UTQG 200-AA-A, load index 95W

I've been waiting to mount these till my suspension was installed(RPM street springs, and koni shocks), I bought the wheels in like November.

I'm surprised how good they look. I was a bit skeptical at first about the gold and red, but it has grown on me.

Anywho, here's sum pictarz:

I gotz Japanese tires on my Japanese wheels, on my Japanese Ford. lulz

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Matt,
you suck!

Just kidding man, looks great.... You know I want gold wheels! :p

Reactions: MATT DAMOND

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Looks sweet man... once my tires are gone I may for 235-40 as well...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I have literally the exact same setup, save for my TSs are the dark gray colored version. These tires are sick. I love them. But, I run them on the street. The motherfuckers wear quick. I'll be getting another set likely at the end of the year. Nice setup!

Reactions: MATT DAMOND

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt,
you suck!

Just kidding man, looks great.... You know I want gold wheels! :p
Thanks Tim!

I don't think you need anymore wheels, last time I heard you had too many. lol

You buy wheels, like women buy shoes.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks good! Now drop it. ;)

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Thanks Tim!

I don't think you need anymore wheels, last time I heard you had too many. lol

You buy wheels, like women buy shoes.

haven't you heard? I cleaned out the closet so to say lol.
Down to just the rx8s and my winter setup.....got my eye on some Rota G-force though ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Kozei=Enkei rip off?
They look awesome either way.

·
Registered
344 Posts
have you figured out whats up w/ your rear shocks? I couldnt tell if they were full soft or full stiff when i was driving behind you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kozei=Enkei rip off?
They look awesome either way.
I'm not 100% sure. I cannot recall which one came out first, but the major difference between the two, is that the kosei is cast, while the enkei is forged. I did a bit of research on these before I picked them up, and they hold up pretty well for light weight cast wheels, since their casting process is fancy.

have you figured out whats up w/ your rear shocks? I couldnt tell if they were full soft or full stiff when i was driving behind you.
They are set on full stiff, the adjustment for stiffness for the fronts is counter-clockwise, while the rears are clockwise. I've turned down the fronts a bit, and I'll prob do the rears pretty soon. The rebound settings are pretty extreme, at full stiffness.

Thanks again for all the help!

Looks good! Now drop it. ;)
lol, I almost picked up the sport strings, since I didn't want to drop it much. It's as low as I want it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
well just have to share since you got the wheel bug biting me again....
this is kinda what my gforces will look like

I just have to hold out until after the carled groupbuy until I order these!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, you should do it, those look hot.

We could start a VRM MS6's with gold wheels club, lmao.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
severe tire wantage going on over here.....

·
Registered
615 Posts
MAtt those look totally gay.

Can't wait to mess up your gauges! (I'm going to make sure they are all wired backwards) lol

Jk, looks tight. Like I said, I'm going to paint mine red so I can join your guys's club and pick up chicks too..

Tim, that's Yoshi's car right? I love those rims too, let me know if you find out what brand they are, think I'm going to sell my stock MS6 and RX8's and get a 19" set like those.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
MAtt those look totally gay.

Can't wait to mess up your gauges! (I'm going to make sure they are all wired backwards) lol

Jk, looks tight. Like I said, I'm going to paint mine red so I can join your guys's club and pick up chicks too..

Tim, that's Yoshi's car right? I love those rims too, let me know if you find out what brand they are, think I'm going to sell my stock MS6 and RX8's and get a 19" set like those.
Naw, not yoichis.
He had those 19" J8s
this is some dude in Russia, they are 18" Advans, too rich for my blood but the rota g-forces are direct knockoffs or close enough for me anyways.
I'll be selling my rx8s also to rock this look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts