Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I recieved and installed the graziano BOV I have no experienced any stuttering. The stuttering I experienced was one of the two kinds mentioned which I believe may be two sep probs. The two were at WOT say HW speeds almost a delay and the part throtle were is almost seems like it gets too little gas, especially going uphill.

My issue before was the second of the two I described. I could if I tried replicate the syndrome/stuttering any time under any conditions, not too tough. It just never felt like a clean smooth accel, more of a choppy in/out accel. Then when I got my CAI I could really hear it happenning in the intake almost sounded like something with the turbo cuttin in/out as well.

Since I installed the graziano no stuttering, even driving the same route trying to replicate the stuttering as best as possible. Just can't do it where are before I was able to make it stutter no matter when or where.

With the graziano the accel seems smoother and harder. And it seems is hold longer to red. Could all these issues be caused by a leaky stock BOV? It's resistance was definately not as strong as the new BOV but I never had major suspicions about the stock BOV. Also the sound isnt much louder over stock, and it only adds the metal sound from F&TF a little bit. (It actually seems slightly delayed after the pssssh, is that normal?)

As for functionality and performance this was the best modification.

Has anyone else w/o the stock BOV noticed the stutering I used to have? Could this be one possibility to our issue?

·
Registered
507 Posts
So what your saying is I have permission to mod my car to fix it?! :lol:

Now I'm no mechanic but I'm not sure how a leaky BOV could cause those problems (at least the ones I'm having). Sometimes I lose ALL power for a split second. The stuttering feeling I get, yes. But all power loss, doubtful. Unless maybe it was sending weird signals to the ECU?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ill be putting my 1g bov from frank on today. Ill have to see if i can get mine to stutter like it normally does.

I also agree i can hear the stutter with the CAI, almost sounds like the air becomes very turbulent and cuts in a out for a second then kicks in hard.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I've had stuttering with the DSM BOV. But I haven't had stuttering in a couple of months. I think yours is just coincidence.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well, if you BOV is leaky, yes, you could have these sorts of symptoms.

There is another thread here where a bov cracked open.. If your bov is leaking, you could have boost sputtering out of the crack.

All in all, our BOV is only barely adequate and prlly one of the first things that should be changed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I also agree i can hear the stutter with the CAI, almost sounds like the air becomes very turbulent and cuts in a out for a second then kicks in hard.
[/b]
Mine does this to the T between shifts under hard driving.
I hear HKS is having a sale on parts right now...my dealer anyway...I think thats the direction I'll take.
It seems the 1g DSM flange is the same as ours?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had stuttering with the DSM BOV. But I haven't had stuttering in a couple of months. I think yours is just coincidence.
[/b]
Hawk, is your 1g crushed or not? I think I am going to agree with DMZ, I put a whole bunch of miles on this holiday weekend, and had no stuttering since i upgraded the bov. Im almost positive it was causing my inconsistancies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hawk, is your 1g crushed or not? I think I am going to agree with DMZ, I put a whole bunch of miles on this holiday weekend, and had no stuttering since i upgraded the bov. Im almost positive it was causing my inconsistancies.
[/b]
Are you having boost hold stronger to redline as well?

There was someone on mazda6 tech who actually claims the same exact thing as i do. So it might be possible.

BTW the flange is not an exact match when you buy one these crushed ones the holes in the flange are re-drilled in the right spots to make it fit.

Goto your local mitsu dealer for the gasket, they are uber cheap there compared to everywhere else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also did a test with hoses and it seems the stock rubber hose is JUNK. It's weak and on boost seems to expand quite a bit. So I purchased some reinforced 1/4" fuel line, very resistant and hard almost. You cant get the hose to kink even when trying. Replaced the stock hose and it seems the BOV opens much quicker and is much more responsive as well. Even when letting off the gas at low speeds I can hear the bov opening to vent where the stock wouldn't before.

The hose can be found at LOWEs by the foot. It's 88 cents per foot, just remember to slide over the insulator from the stock hose onto it since it's rubber and not silicone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts