Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice ride!!! Did the dealer try to mark up the car? and how'd you do on your trade? what's your feeling on the difference in handling compared to the 6? sorry for all the ?'s, but i'm interested...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!
Interior pix?

Hope you're not making the clutch smell too much ;)
[/b]
Thanks! I'll take some interior pics and post them soon. But it's very nice inside and I don't miss leather one bit. The seats are very comfortable and dash layout is pretty cool.

I've had 2 days to practice and so far I'm doing pretty well considering the clutch takes getting used to for even seasoned drivers. So no I haven't smelled the clutch yet. :)

Thank goodness Florida is flat. Driving in hill country (esp in stop-n-go) could be tricky for the inexperienced however I ain't ever going back to driving an automatic no matter what. No more slushiness, just pure acceleration, that's what this car is. There's hardly any lag (except maybe turbo lag) and the off-the-line punch is unbelievable. However it can also be quite tame like any economy 4-banger. This is pure fun!

Nice ride!!! Did the dealer try to mark up the car? and how'd you do on your trade? what's your feeling on the difference in handling compared to the 6? sorry for all the ?'s, but i'm interested...[/b]

Gunther Mazda told me right from the very beginning they were not marking the car up so I stuck with them and lucked out. They paid off my trade in full. I had 67,500 miles on my 2003 6s auto plus some slight left fender damage. I owed 8k and the Kbb was $9200 in good condition. I probably could've gotten a better deal selling privately but to me the extra hassle wasn't worth it. I got it for 22,850 at 7.9 % (72 months). Probably not the best deal in the world but certainly not the worst considering some of the stuff I've heard from other people. I took the 72 months at the lower interest rate as I plan to make higher monthly payments to pay it off faster. Insurance was the pretty much the same which was surprising considering the power difference.

Handling is a lot better than my 6s and I mean it. There's a lot less body roll and the steering is very precise and tight. The sound of the exhaust isn't too loud or soft, just right. So far there isn't much to dislike about this car (at least for now).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what's your monthly payment? Did you lease or buy? I'm in kind of a similar situation (though I have more on my loan now).
[/b]
I bought it as I plan to keep it for a a long time.

I opted for the 7 year 100,000 mile (bumper to bumper) ext. warranty so my monthly is $402.33 ($373.00 without the warranty). My old payment was $380.77.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
ouch.....on that monthly.

you sure you plan on keeping it a long time? what if in 2009 or 2010 a new Mazdaspeed comes out with like 400hp and fuel economy friendly, and is the god of all tuner cars?...you gonna be upside down on your backside.

·
Registered
105 Posts
nice I see you from the bottom

you sure you plan on keeping it a long time? what if in 2009 or 2010 a new Mazdaspeed comes out with like 400hp and fuel economy friendly, and is the god of all tuner cars?...you gonna be upside down on your backside.
[/b]
why is $402 a month......OUCH I must be missing something

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[/b]

That monthly ain't that bad. What's yours?

I'm definately keeping this till it's paid for and beyond even if a 1000 hp AWD version comes out for cheap. :) I kept my 626 for 8 years before picking up the 6. I traded it early only because I was never completely satisfied with it. Had I bought the mtx, I might've held on to it for longer.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I wish they'd have made the car a little more sporty looking though. Or offer it in other trims beside the station wagon. Never was a fan of wagons.

Great car though. You are the first one on the boards with the speed 3 I beleive. Hella power and handeling compared to the 6s i'm sure. Congrats man.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish they'd have made the car a little more sporty looking though. Or offer it in other trims beside the station wagon. Never was a fan of wagons.

Great car though. You are the first one on the boards with the speed 3 I beleive. Hella power and handeling compared to the 6s i'm sure. Congrats man.
[/b]
Thanks. I'm not a fan of station wagons either but this one is different, I like the looks. They call it a hatch but I agree, it looks more 'wagonish'.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I guess $400+ is the norm for a monthly..just right now i am paying $101 a month....and that would be a huge step up for me too....a nice downpayment is key ^_^Regardless congrats on the car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks. I'm not a fan of station wagons either but this one is different, I like the looks. They call it a hatch but I agree, it looks more 'wagonish'.
[/b]
For sure though, the most important pictures are under the hood and any mod plans?

Interior too but I really want to see uner the hood. What's the HP on the speed3's anyways?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For sure though, the most important pictures are under the hood and any mod plans?

Interior too but I really want to see uner the hood. What's the HP on the speed3's anyways?
[/b]

I'll try to get some engine/interior pics tomorrow. There are no plans for mods, keeping it stock till the warranty runs out at least. After that who knows. Hp is supposed to be 263 with 280 tq.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My ONLY question, and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already ... Does the back seat fold? And how easy-to-clean is the back of the seats/trunk etc if it gets muddy?

I love that it's a hatch, and have always wanted a hatch. I do carry my (muddy) bike (and sometimes 2) in the trunk of my 6. The lack of a genuine folding rear seat is one of the disappointing things about the Speed6, and I was wondering whether they did the same thing to the Speed 3.

Not that I'm considering buying another car anytime soon, but it'd be good to know :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My ONLY question, and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already ... Does the back seat fold? And how easy-to-clean is the back of the seats/trunk etc if it gets muddy?

I love that it's a hatch, and have always wanted a hatch. I do carry my (muddy) bike (and sometimes 2) in the trunk of my 6. The lack of a genuine folding rear seat is one of the disappointing things about the Speed6, and I was wondering whether they did the same thing to the Speed 3.
Not that I'm considering buying another car anytime soon, but it'd be good to know :)
[/b]

I haven't folded mine yet but I've seen photos and it does fold like the regular 3. I'll post some pics.

I can't tell whether it'll be easy to clean or not. My advice would be to buy some kind of lining to put back there. A plastic tarp or something similar should work fine.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts