Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took some pictures of my car. It's a '03 glacier silver 6i. Have'nt really done anything with it yet except for the grill and debadging the back. I do have some mods that I plan on getting done within the next few weeks, hopfully. I have a BR bumper in the shop being painted as I type and fogs to go with it, i'm painting the headlight housings black and installing the DDE halos, ordering Tein H-techs, and probally getting some Reactive mufflers. Rims will be a little later. I'll post more pictures whenever I get all this stuff done. Enjoy and feel free to comment!

·
Registered
391 Posts
What kind of tiruhs you got on there spanky?

Oh yea! And forgot to ask, do you have some tinting going on on the side windows?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks nice, as a fellow silver I can't wait to see it once you get the lights and kit finished. Only real thing that puts me off is the grille. Not sure why, maybe because its so much thicker on top than the sides. What kind is that?

·
Registered
251 Posts
looking good bro, silver FTW!!!!!!!!!

yeah I'm wondering the same thing, how come your grill is thicker on the top and thin on the sides.

damn your car will look sweet with a br bumper, and believe me the halos are definitely an eye-catcher, very few of us have them here in south florida, I believe.

btw where did you takes those pics??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of tiruhs you got on there spanky?

Oh yea! And forgot to ask, do you have some tinting going on on the side windows?
[/b]
Nexen Radial N3000 I believe. They were on the car when I bought it.

Looks nice, as a fellow silver I can't wait to see it once you get the lights and kit finished. Only real thing that puts me off is the grille. Not sure why, maybe because its so much thicker on top than the sides. What kind is that?
[/b]
Thanks. The grill is a just JDM one that I bought on ebay for about $45 shortly after I got the car, I couldn't stand that chrome strip on the OEM one! I've been planning on the BR bumper for some time so the grill was just kind of a fill in until the bumper gets on there.

looking good bro, silver FTW!!!!!!!!!

yeah I'm wondering the same thing, how come your grill is thicker on the top and thin on the sides.

damn your car will look sweet with a br bumper, and believe me the halos are definitely an eye-catcher, very few of us have them here in south florida, I believe.

btw where did you takes those pics??
[/b]
thanks a lot. I took the pictures at the parking garage at the Sawgrass Mall.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Wheels last... :( I think that would really bring your 6 out, but it's lookin' sweet. Welcome...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Nice Pics! Reaaalll Clean!

Cant wait to see the Halos!! :drool:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i just think the pics dont do the grille justice. if you look at the third pic you can tell its not that much thinner on the sides and bottom. thats the one i originally tried to purchase. i think it looks better than the accolade grille that i bought, but oh well....oh and instead of getting the bumper and exhaust, use that money for wheels. the wheels would make your car look way better. i personally think it will look silly with a aftermarket bumper,exhaust, drop and STOCK WHEELS. just my opinion

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wheels last... :( I think that would really bring your 6 out, but it's lookin' sweet. Welcome...
[/b]
Thanks.

hate the grille, sorry..
[/b]
Thats alright. To each his own i guess. I think it beats the hell out of the stock one with the chrome strip on it.

Nice Pics! Reaaalll Clean!
thank you

Cant wait to see the Halos!! :drool:
[/b]
thanks. I get wait to finally get them on, i've been waiting for months to install them.

i just think the pics dont do the grille justice. if you look at the third pic you can tell its not that much thinner on the sides and bottom. thats the one i originally tried to purchase. i think it looks better than the accolade grille that i bought, but oh well....oh and instead of getting the bumper and exhaust, use that money for wheels. the wheels would make your car look way better. i personally think it will look silly with a aftermarket bumper,exhaust, drop and STOCK WHEELS. just my opinion
[/b]
Yea, the grill isn't all that bad. I've never had anybody tell me it looks bad before other than here, so maybe it is just the pics. Valid point about the car looking silly without wheels, but I have given it thought. There are two main reasons I did not jump on the wheels first thing, one because I'm still not sure what style or color rim to get, and two, I think it might be easier to get a feel for what rims to get with all the other stuff already done. The two sets of wheels I was looking at are the HP Racing Evos or the Zigen Hypers. What do you think?

·
Registered
102 Posts
hate the grille, sorry..
[/b]
+1 for now at least. You could do the V pattern painted black on your hood, to line up with your grill and it would look nice if done right. Or a CF hood and you paint the sides to make the V aforementioned. Otherwise, I think it looks like there is just a hole in your front end with the black instead of chrome. The sport grill would have made it look clean, and would have matched. But again, to each his own.

Maybe its just me, but on some pictures (all pictures you can see this), it appears as if the passenger door is a slightly different color than the rest of the body? Im sure its just the pictures.

Oh, and take off the door protectors asap. It will make it look so much cleaner, and its a free mod. Then lower it and I think youve got a very nice looking 6.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 for now at least. You could do the V pattern painted black on your hood, to line up with your grill and it would look nice if done right. Or a CF hood and you paint the sides to make the V aforementioned. Otherwise, I think it looks like there is just a hole in your front end with the black instead of chrome. The sport grill would have made it look clean, and would have matched. But again, to each his own.

Maybe its just me, but on some pictures (all pictures you can see this), it appears as if the passenger door is a slightly different color than the rest of the body? Im sure its just the pictures.

Oh, and take off the door protectors asap. It will make it look so much cleaner, and its a free mod. Then lower it and I think youve got a very nice looking 6.
[/b]
Thought about the V pattern, but it might be to bold, i dunno. Again, the grill is just a cheap fill in until I get my BR bumper on there, which should be soon.
O man, I was wondering if it was just my eyes or the light or something, but I have noticed the color difference in the doors before, I was hoping it was just me. It's not just in the pics, i can see it all the time. Your the first one to ever mention it BlackXS. I'm pretty sure I read a few threads about this a while back, but that was before I noticed it on mine. I think Ambient 6 had this problem. I'll look into it i guess.

Are the door protectors the black pieces on the window frame? If thats what your talking about then I really dont like how they look when you take them off. I like how the black just flows through. The silver would make it look choppy. Lowering coming soon. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thought about the V pattern, but it might be to bold, i dunno. Again, the grill is just a cheap fill in until I get my BR bumper on there, which should be soon.
O man, I was wondering if it was just my eyes or the light or something, but I have noticed the color difference in the doors before, I was hoping it was just me. It's not just in the pics, i can see it all the time. Your the first one to ever mention it BlackXS. I'm pretty sure I read a few threads about this a while back, but that was before I noticed it on mine. I think Ambient 6 had this problem. I'll look into it i guess.

Are the door protectors the black pieces on the window frame? If thats what your talking about then I really dont like how they look when you take them off. I like how the black just flows through. The silver would make it look choppy. Lowering coming soon. Thanks for the input!
[/b]
The door protectors are the silver molding that run along horizontal mid-door to suposedly prevent dings. You can take them off real easy by running some fishing or 'weed-eater' line behind them and then use some Goo Gone to get rid of any residue, they are only stuck on with double sided mounting tape. Most ppl do this, check out my pics on car domain if you want to see the difference on a silver.

I think the 5Zigen Hypers would look great, same ones I'm considering for my car. The only thing that gives me pause is the weight, which if I recall correctly is fairly high.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The door protectors are the silver molding that run along horizontal mid-door to suposedly prevent dings. You can take them off real easy by running some fishing or 'weed-eater' line behind them and then use some Goo Gone to get rid of any residue, they are only stuck on with double sided mounting tape. Most ppl do this, check out my pics on car domain if you want to see the difference on a silver.

I think the 5Zigen Hypers would look great, same ones I'm considering for my car. The only thing that gives me pause is the weight, which if I recall correctly is fairly high.
[/b]
Ooo, thanks for clearing up the door protector thing. I think I will take those off, they never even crossed my mind though. By the way, nice car and nice pics too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why did they get rid of that :( I liked that look better....
[/b]
From what I've seen of posts on here it was b/c people complained to have poor reception from them, now whether thats the real reason why I'm not sure. I do agree with you though I like look better with antenna integrated with window.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The grille would look good if it was painted to match the car. Then the sides and bottom wouldn't blend in with the black middle at all.

so it would look more complete.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts