Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had a rattle coming from the back shelf for about 2 months. Not constant but enough to bother me most days. About a week ago the sound gets a lot worse. Kind of like a tapping on the window mixed in with a creaking sound. I started experimenting and found I could somewhat recreate the sound by pushing down on the rear window from the outside in certain spots.

Took it into the dealership and showed them what I was hearing and how to recreate. Turns out the rear window molding had pulled away in a few spots. Not enough to cause air in the cabin but enough to cause the noises from the back. Dealer had to have a glass company come out and pop the glass and reinstall. They said this was not the first they have had to do.

So long story short....rattle is gone for now so I wanted to pass this along for others that might hear some noises from the back.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Took it into the dealership and showed them what I was hearing and how to recreate.
[/b]
How do you recreate it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you recreate it?[/b]
I would just push down near the top of the back glass (near the upper passenger corner) and I could make it creak. This sounded almost exactly like what I would hear inside the car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
this is the exact same problem I've been having with my 6s for about 6mths. Every time I take it to the dealer, they say the sound cannot be reproduced. The creaking/ tapping is driving me insane...........Seeing as though I'm the type of person that doesn't keep coins in the coin section below the dash cuz they rattle too much for me. (NY rds. are terrible)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would just push down near the top of the back glass (near the upper passenger corner) and I could make it creak. This sounded almost exactly like what I would hear inside the car.[/b]
Cool! Thanks. I will check mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have a horrible rattle on my back deck.. and my front 2 doors.... and a bit from my rear view mirrior...

Sadly I think 2 12's has something to do with it... and won't be covered by the dealer =(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this same problem. It drove me crazy. The dealer finally narrowed it down to some clips rubbing on the rear window they bent them up and that took care of the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.