Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys! Thought y'all might like to see my new setup that I put on yesterday. Woo! 19 inch TRD wheels, 19x8 +38 offset, with Toyo Proxes S/T 255/50R19. Check it out!

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
They're really nice looking wheels, but I'd like them better if they weren't chrome...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
looks awesome gives the car a totally different look.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow. That looks awesome.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're really nice looking wheels, but I'd like them better if they weren't chrome...
[/b]
They're not chrome. It's graphite paint. And thanks for the props, guys!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Perfect size, looks like you could still romp over some stuff if you needed to :) Looks great also

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Very nice! :drive:

·
Registered
436 Posts
very hot Toyo. Being TRD, are they nice and light?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
How did we ever agree on the Mazda6?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
That is almost exactly what I want to do to my wifes '04 RAV4. Looks nice BTW.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Not an SUV fan, but i give you the props

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very hot Toyo. Being TRD, are they nice and light?
[/b]
LOL! Well, you'd think so, but no, they're not particularly light. They're one-piece cast, so they probably weigh as much as, if not a little more than the stock wheels. Tire-wise, I gained over 8 lbs(!) per wheel and I can definitely feel it. :( Oh, well. It's not a performance car, and I like the way it looks.

Again, guys, I know this isn't an SUV forum, but I really appreciate the compliments!

:laugh: Diva, I don't know what to tell you. On this forum and the RAV4 forum, you're the only dissenting opinion. I sometimes wonder how you wound up buying a 6 since you don't seem to like anything! Anyway, it was time for a change, and I need a vehicle with more functionality than the 6. Since the 6 wasn't even on my list of vehichles to choose from anymore, the RAV made the most sense. In the month that I've had it, I've been very pleased with my decision and now that I've put my "extra touch" to it, I love it even more! Next mod, mesh grille!

[/b]
Mine are graphite paint. Here's that same wheel in chrome. Blech!

·
Registered
649 Posts
As weird as it may sound, i don't mind the new Rav4's but i really think those wheels are unattractive. I almost always like 5 spokes but those are definitely not may taste. Hey if you are happy then don't listen to me. enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I like you wheels in non-chrome trim. The car is a different story, but you got what you could :) Maybe next time you can get a CX-7 or something.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I guess I find the RAV4 styling too much like the 2006 Aztek Award winning B9 Tribeca.

On the wheels, while I find 5-spokes a tired and cliched look, these are way too busy with all those ugly bolt heads. The wheels would be OK without them.

It just seems like we have opposing automotive taste, but the Mazda6 just clicked as just about right with excellent design flow and integration and almost enough attitude. Putting a classier 20 spoke wheel over the boy-racer-cliche 5-spokes and lowering the car fixed it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
looks great...I though 19's would be too big, but they seem like the perfect size. The color suits the color of the RAV as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess I find the RAV4 styling too much like the 2006 Aztek Award winning B9 Tribeca.
[/b]
You have to be shitting me. The Rav4 is a very attractive SUV. I guess everyone has their own opinion. For you I guess if it isn't a Mazda, and heaven forbid a Toyota, then you have a shitty attitude towards them. Too bad. There is alot of other good cars, trucks and suvs out there that isn't Mazda. (don't get me wrong, I love my 6, I'm just not blinded by it)

Travis

1 - 20 of 25 Posts