Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my radar, I use to depend on it all the time. After getting that ticket for racing a friend one friday night, I decided not to depend on it too much. Today I was on my way back home and noticed my radar was going crazy. It stop for a minute and started doing a different sound. There were two motorcycle cops sitting there waiting for their victums. The speed limit is 35 and I was going like 40 or 45. After I passed them, one of them came out with his lights on. I started slowing down and saying "oh geez he is coming after me and if I get this ticket, my insurance will go up. He past right by me and got the person way infront of me. All I could do is laugh and thank god. Anyone else cares to tell a story?..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
ok
ill correct myself

I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF, HOWEVER, During A Mazda 6 meet Driving to hooters.

i was never speeding, my wheels were spinning tho. ill give you that. :) yeah, i was making alot of noise wasnt i... shit....

well that damn cp-e is at fault, spin on take off, squeal at the top of first gear, blood curtaling screams on the shift to second :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok
ill correct myself

I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF, HOWEVER, During A Mazda 6 meet Driving to hooters.

i was never speeding, my wheels were spinning tho. ill give you that. :)
[/b]
:nono: hey how dare u lie to me? :nana:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
radar detector detectors only detect radar jammers. they cannot detect a normal radar sensor

they detect radar detectors that try to scramble the radar of the gun on its way back.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The cops got radar detector-detector and that's the reason keep me from getting one...
[/b]
Yeah...but to throw another loop at you. If you buy a top of the line detector (because we all have so much money to burn through :yesnod: ) it may have a detector-detector--detector. I believe i saw one manufactured by Cobra that boasted that ability...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
radar detector detectors only detect radar jammers. they cannot detect a normal radar sensor
they detect radar detectors that try to scramble the radar of the gun on its way back.
[/b]
Not true. The detector-detectors (RDDs) are just that, they're not jammer-detectors. An Australian company called Stealth Micro Systems makes these, and the latest device is the Spectre III, which can detect every decent detector on the market (according to radarbusters.com). There is a new Beltronics detector which was designed from scratch to be invisible to the Spectre and it works apparently, but that's it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah I think that's it. There's a review of it on the radarbusters site but I can't find it right now.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
All except the Bel STi XR. :)

Radar detectors work by creating a local version of the signal they want to detect and then computing the "resonance" with any incoming microwave signal. RDDs detect this reference signal, but the STi was built so as to fully contain it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
gater
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing