Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say hello, I am new to this forum. I am not new Mazda's at all, I've owned a protege for a few years. Back in October I decided it was time for something faster. So I bought a 2005 Atenza, 3.0L V6, 190,000miles but it was cheap, I spent 1200$ on it. in total I've put about 3,000$ into it as of this coming Saturday.

It needed break pads and calipers and lines. All of that was done back in october, but since then its been sitting. I now have some money saved up to make it road worthy and start driving it. After Saturday it will have new shocks and struts and the broken headlight cable harnesses replaced. (the person i bought it from cut the cable plugs off)

What i wanted to point out and why i am posting, is that it drives rough sometimes. It could just be the mileage on it, but it kicks sometimes when speeding up into 6th. Once i turned traction control off, its gotten better. I was wondering if this is a common issues and if its something i should be worried about. I will be doing an engine swap in the future. But for now i want to know if its something that i should fix if i am driving it daily.

This thing is my baby and I am so excited to be driving it!
Thanks for reading!
Ethan

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks, you can use a simple PSI gauge hooked up to a port on the back of the intake manifold with the car running.
Check for misfires or fouled plugs, may be time for plugs and/or coils.
Also check for any cracks or problems along your intake tubing, make sure the clamps are tight and the intake box is closed properly and filter is clean. Sometimes their are hairline almost invisible cracks along those rubber tubes for the intake after so many years.
I'd check the motor mounts too as those can cause a plethora of problems, i'd start with the dogbone mount under the car to the rear of the engine by the oil pan/exhaust.

I just did the same with a 2006 3.0 last year and have put in a ton of wrench time and research. Let me know if you have any questions, there are also a good handful of members on here who post occasionally with a ton of knowledge and information. Also if you need any parts or body panels let me know, I have a bunch of stuff in my garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts