Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the wheels with some Plasti Dip yesterday and I'm actually pretty happy with the results. I used about 4 coats of black and then hit them with 3 coats of the silver metalizer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks so good! Hit the window trim and badges please please please lol and maybe gloss black wrap the roof.

How about the top 1/3 of your side view mirrors wrapped too? I wish I knew ps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You took the wheels off when you did this right? looks great. I had done it with my Altima without taking the wheels off. Liking the engine cover + painted calipers as well. Need to get me a garage :D
Yeah I took the wheels off. I think leaving them on would creat a problem with even coverage with the design of this wheel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks so good! Hit the window trim and badges please please please lol and maybe gloss black wrap the roof.

How about the top 1/3 of your side view mirrors wrapped too? I wish I knew ps.
Window tint, some springs and yes the badges and window trim. I would like to get the emblems, window trim and front grill chrome to a chrome black look.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow..just woke up this morning and was thinking of grabbing a can of plastidip for the logos..might do the wheels now also :) looks great!
how many cans did it take for the wheels?
3 cans of black from Home Depot and 3 cans of metalizer that I bought from awharehouseful.com. As for the metalizer you can easily get away with two cans if you do 3-4 coats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts