Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 177 Posts
Thanks for the updates and info! This is something I might be interested in doing to my '18 Signature, so I'v been watching your results closely.
The only concern for me is the time it takes to get a response. I'm not sure I would be patient enough to wait weeks/months for something I paid for.
With the 2nd tune you have now, have you been happy with it now that you've had more time with it?
This is how I'm feeling. I'd like a tune after I get my exhaust done, but the time it's taking and the lack of response is a little worrying. I'm hoping once TORQUERULES' tune is finalized the rest will go quicker. We shall see. There are few shops around me that do dyno tunes, but I'm not sure they're experience with the SkyActiv 2.5L Turbo engines. I don't want anything going wrong.

I have been trying for a while now. No response...
I know Mat and his wife had a baby recently, but I thought one of his employees was handling most of the Mazda stuff (Rafael).
Thanks for keeping us updated on this, and for being the guinea pig. We appreciate it.

Reactions: itscu
Discussion starter · #83 ·
I was informed just now that this particular setup you have is specifically handled by Mat himself and not Rafael.

He said that he'll poke Mat about it. Keep us posted.
Thanks. I know Mat has a new baby, so I understand some lag, but I really needed to know if the logs look good and another tune would be nice, but the logs are the biggest concern right now. He said he fiddled with the boost tables, etc. so since that is a big change, I wanted to make sure everything was looking good.

Discussion starter · #88 ·
Wow... Just wow.

Discussion starter · #89 ·
I sent another email....

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Hello,

We have been a bit backed up on things as we are moving to a larger facility at the end of this month. Rafaels site is down, but he is still working for us. We will have more updates as quickly as we can
Thanks for the quick response/update.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
I have been given an update that a new tune file is being written and should be sent soon. I also have bad news... OVT will not longer be supporting Mazda according to Mat. Only current Mazda customers will be supported.

Sorry guys. I hope some of you were already in the pipeline and get a chance at a tune like me.

Reactions: RemZa
I have been given an update that a new tune file is being written and should be sent soon. I also have bad news... OVT will not longer be supporting Mazda according to Mat. Only current Mazda customers will be supported.

Sorry guys. I hope some of you were already in the pipeline and get a chance at a tune like me.

Thanks for the update, TORQUERULES. That's cool that you're getting your tune buttoned up, but that sucks about the rest that wanted one. I will have to keep my eye out for other options out there. Maybe a local dyno tune near me? Or DR Tuned? We shall see.

I'd still like to hear a follow up after your last file installed and you've driven it a bit.

Wtf, why did they reverse their reverse to keep doing Mazdas?

Discussion starter · #98 ·
I know this really sucks for everyone, but I promise to keep everyone in the loop on how things go. At least you can gain an idea as to how well these engines do with tuning.

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Wtf, why did they reverse their reverse to keep doing Mazdas?
I just think the market is too small to justify their efforts in the long-term. They seem to be focused on Toyotas. The appliance of automobiles (Toyota except for the Supra) do need help, so I can see that there would be a market there. Lol.

It wouldnt be small if more people knew about it and they didnt take 4 months tuning one car.

81 - 100 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.