Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering why I didn't have a VIN yet since I ordered my car over 9 weeks ago. Well today I found out... My dealer called and said that Mazda had canceled some orders because of the massive backup of orders of the V6 manuals. He is trying to locate a car for me that is similar to what I want, but so far he can't find an exact match. The closest he has found has everything I want plus the Chrome appearance package which I do not want. He is checking with his mechanics to see if they can remove the chrome pieces. He also said it has 200 miles on it...

Any opinions?

Jon

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: My order got canceled!

Well.. I find it a quite unusual way of making buissnies... Like... "No we will not make your car"... Like... UH!?

Well if you get another similar one it's ok... But I really think Mazda should find you a car with "your" color and engine, and upgrade it to the specs you ordered, and sell it to you with some discount... MAZDA that is - the dealer can't be blamed.

It's a stupid thing to do.. They could at least contacted you and ask if you wanted to "stay in line" or remove the order...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I really don't know what to do at this point. I really wanted this car, but I have absolutely no contact from Mazda. The only contact I've had is my weekly update form my dealer who just said "no new info". You think mazda could have at least have contacted me and given me a reason or option to wait or give up. Instead they pull the plug and don't even tell the dealer right away... If this is the kind of service I can expect from Mazda then maybe I don't want one...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Well... It is a great car, don't let this spoil everything... If you could get some contact with those bastards at Mazda USA you might get some positive response... Cause I think Mazda as an orginasation don't wan't this to happen - loose a customer becuse they refuse to make the car... Totaly stupid.

Tell them what you think about them. I guess it wount sound pretty but it might get their attention.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

But I don't think Mazda cancelled the order. Your dealer has sold the car to someone else, someone who refused to wait harder than you...

Sad to say, but that's what I think happened.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Jonnyspeed6s,

Do you need the car soon or can you wait until Sep/Oct? US dealers can start ordering the '04 Mazda6 in just 3 days (May 16); so one option is to work with your dealer to re-submit the order later this week and get an '04 model. There may be option packaging differences with the '04 though, so you'd have to work with your dealer to spec out a '04 with the options you want.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My order got canceled!'

Originally posted by Steve 6er

But I don't think Mazda cancelled the order. Your dealer has sold the car to someone else, someone who refused to wait harder than you...

Sad to say, but that's what I think happened.[/b]

Based on my buying experience one month ago, I'd have to agree with this.

I walked out on the dealer at 750 over invoice but as I left he chased me down and told me if I put a deposit down today, he would give me my price of 500 over invoice AND the car would be here in 2 hours. :sarc Sounded too good to be true considering he spent 30 minutes sales schmoozing me on how hard it would be to get the car. Now all of a sudden he can get it for me in 2 hours???

I had class that night so the 2 hours thing didn't work out but I agreed to pick the car up the next afternoon. I placed my deposit and went home.

Next day I get a call to come in a little later than originally planned since the car was late in arriving. :sarc I thought to myself ... here we go ( with the BS ). 2 hours later I get a call and he says oh I'm sorry .. the car arrived with damage on it. The passenger side door had been dented in somehow and someone TRIED to fix it but its really obvious because the paint didnt match. WHAT?! So you got the car from another dealer .. supposedly ... and they, a certified Mazda dealer, tried to trade it to you WITH damage? AND they did a bad job covering it up? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Total BS .. I went to get my deposit back and took my business elsewhere.

My theory .. they had other sales lined up and went and sold the car to them at a higher profit. Either that or someone happened to walk in that morning and paid more for the car. ARGH! I hate dealers.

But anyhoo ... keep trying man! Use the inventory search tool on the Mazda website. Change the max mileage to 150 miles. The 6 is worth the drive!

·
Registered
77 Posts

Yah, its hard for me to believe that your order got cancled. I was lucky, my car got ordered and showed up as advertised the exact week it was supposed to. Sounds to me like your dealer either screwed up the order and it got kicked back and they were afraid to tell you the truth or like someone else said they sold your car to someone else at a higher profit. I wouldn't put it on Mazda or blame it on the 6. I would find myself another dealership and get the car you want.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah I have to agree with what some of you are saying. I think they either screwed up or screwed me.

The good news is that they got a car from another dealer and I went to test drive it today. It has the chrome package on it which I do not like so they are taking it off and I will be taking delivery tomorrow.

I'm not happy that the order got screwed up, but I look at it like this... It took 10 weeks since my order to get a car and the only thing wrong is that it has 396 miles on it. I can live with that. Just that much less I have to break in :) I'll post more tomorrow after I pick it up.

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I guess you make them toss something into the deal to make up for those 396 miles... :)

Good news anyway. Pics! :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks DJSCIASCIA but I want my Speed Yellow. I'll be picking it up tonight. They are eating the cost for the Compass/Homelink mirror and Trunk net. I agreed to pay for the Sport Grille at Splan cost which is about $140. If all goes well I'll be happy. I'm not counting my chicken until it's in my basket though. I'll report back tonight.

Jon

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

I do believe the story of the canceled order. i just got back from my dealer and they told me the same thing. they said recent orders were kicked out and no more orders will be taken for 03's, but they are taking 04' orders which would be delivered around OCT

good to hear they got your car located though. i did drive a speed yellow 6s 5sp today, my delear ordered it in Jan and it just arrived. 12 miles on it, black leather, sport package and grill, fully loaded w/everything but the chrome. they tried their ass off to get me to buy that thing but im just not feeling bright yellow. so if your car doesnt work out tell your dealer theres one in louisville, but im sure it wont be sitting there long

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Whoo Hoo! I have taken delivery of my 6s! Of course it is raining and dark outside... I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
88 Posts

If you have a VIN, can the order still be cancelled on you? I didn't order one, but my VIN won't show up on the Mazda inventory search. Also, if I put down a non-refundable deposit on my car and I have the VIN, can the dealer sell it to someone else?!?!? I already got the ol' dealer BS when they told me it would arrive 2nd wk of June and Mazda told me 3rd week of July.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: My or

A dealer I talked to about ordering a car told me even if he ordered it there's only a 10% chance of actually getting it. Don't know how much of that is BS and how much is true, but because of that this post does not surprise me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: My order got canceled!

I just went to inventory search and didn't find my car! Then, I used the VIN link and my car showed up. Can anyone enlighten me?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts