Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may recall my last MS6,the red 2006. I sold it in 2018 with about 90k miles on it excellent shape with no issues. It's back up for sale (Via guy I sold it to) with 93k miles & now has a used MS3 engine in it b/c he threw a rod. :(

He is asking $5,300. What do you guys think it's worth? It's a Hardtop Grand Touring w/nav.
I've been out of the game for a bit. Assuming it all checks out, and everything else is as I left it, I may buy it back.

Mod list with what I left on it when sold is below...

PerformanceExteriorInteriorMisc
AEM CAIEvil M Rear BadgeJBR Shift KnobJBR BPV hose
Black Lug NutsAuto Meter Vac/Boost GaugeRed Silicone IC couplers
Smoked Side MarkersRedlinegoods.com Armrest Cover
JBR SSPBlack Painted CalipersRedlinegoods.com Shift Boot
JBR Turbo Inlet PipeBronze RX-8 Wheels
Black Center Caps w/Red Flying MDyed "Mazdaspeed6" on Floor Mats Red
Gutted 2nd CatShark Fin AntennaMAZDASPEED Gauge Cluster Decal
CP-E 3" Cat-BackCarbon Vinyl Dash & Door Trim
Street Unit RMMLED Lighting
Autotech InternalsEngine Caps & Dipstick handle painted VRMRedlinegoods.com steering wheel
Fuse Box Cover & CAI Piping painted VRMCustom Black Interior
CS Lowering SpringsTinted Rear Reflectors
Bilstein ShocksBlack Exhaust Tips
LED Fogs
LED Rear Turn Signals

·
Registered
628 Posts
How much did you sell it to him for? It's depreciated another two years and sounds worse for wear, so that might be a starting point. It's certainly not worth more now, but of course that doesn't matter if he has a number in mind he won't go below.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much did you sell it to him for? It's depreciated another two years and sounds worse for wear, so that might be a starting point. It's certainly not worth more now, but of course that doesn't matter if he has a number in mind he won't go below.
$7k

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm curious as how someone can destroy a connecting rod. I'll say, ask to slash a thousand for his selling price and point out that it's no longer the original engine.

If the interior and the engine is in good shape, then perhaps you have a good deal. I just hope it doesn't have some hiccups with the swapped MS3.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious as how someone can destroy a connecting rod. I'll say, ask to slash a thousand for his selling price and point out that it's no longer the original engine.

If the interior and the engine is in good shape, then perhaps you have a good deal. I just hope it doesn't have some hiccups with the swapped MS3.
He said he was doing 75 on the highway and it just went. I have a hard time believing that considering throwing a couple thousand miles since I sold it to him and that car was pristine. He was probably racing it or over revved it and too proud to admit it. He replaced the MS6 with an E93 M3.

We agreed on a price and I'm going to look at it next weekend. hopefully, he can find the motor paperwork. That's vital. That's going to determine whether or not he can prove that it's the same mileage ms3 motor or 190k mile motor that he just had stabbed in there. He had a shop do it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone run a Carfax on it? Just to be sure. ;)
JM1GG12L061103557

·
Registered
3 Posts
$5300? sounds like a killer deal! I just bought a 2006 with 165,000 miles for $4500... I hope to get 18 months out of it, then i have to decide if i want a nicer example or start fixing it up.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$5300? sounds like a killer deal! I just bought a 2006 with 165,000 miles for $4500... I hope to get 18 months out of it, then i have to decide if i want a nicer example or start fixing it up.
I paid less than $5300 ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
rub it in ... Mine looks good from a distance. i bought it to be a daily driver. Might sell my CBR1000RR and get a BNR S4 though. not super interested in having additional injectors but would really like 360whp. My last car was a 2018 Q50 3.0T. that ran high 12s at 113 with just a piggyback tuner.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rub it in ... Mine looks good from a distance. i bought it to be a daily driver. Might sell my CBR1000RR and get a BNR S4 though. not super interested in having additional injectors but would really like 360whp. My last car was a 2018 Q50 3.0T. that ran high 12s at 113 with just a piggyback tuner.
I say go BT. I've always wanted to go that route with mine. Still do, but I want a built motor, BT etc. 500 awhp sleeper 😁😁

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
& just like that, she's gone again. Sold the car today. Could not refuse the profit. Now I am looking for a Big Turbo MS6
Pic I took yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. I am buying another MS6 tomorrow. It needs piston rings and a few other small things. going to get forged pistons, rods, and maybe a BNR S5 i cant tell if i just want a quick DD (S3) or if i want to get a few extra injectors and go big!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. I am buying another MS6 tomorrow. It needs piston rings and a few other small things. going to get forged pistons, rods, and maybe a BNR S5 i cant tell if i just want a quick DD (S3) or if i want to get a few extra injectors and go big!
Go big! I want a 500 awhp MS6 😁

1 - 16 of 16 Posts