Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking it up tonight. The picture is a piece, but the car looks great in person. Now I have two cars to pour nonexistent money into.

Seat covers...gross.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Nice! I was looking into a used miata before the winter. then reality struck me...oh well :p

What year is it? Nice, it got a roll bar. Go autocrossing with it!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1996. The guy who had it before me put a decent system with a 10in kicker sub, speakers in the headrests, fourways and tweeters in the door, and an alpine HU. I'm not big on systems, but it sounds pretty good. He also dynomatted the ENTIRE fucking car. Every square inch.

I just dropped it off to have it inspected...let's hope it passes.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well were you planning on actually tracking the miata ? or what?

great car choice, looks like exactly what i'd buy (minus the subs and dynamat) for tracking! :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been wanting to get into auto-x for a while, just needed the right car to do it. The ATX m6 takes the fun out of it, so this should work out well. I threw practicality out the window.

I might end up taking out the system and selling it for performance mod money. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've been wanting to get into auto-x for a while, just needed the right car to do it. The ATX m6 takes the fun out of it, so this should work out well. I threw practicality out the window.

I might end up taking out the system and selling it for performance mod money. We'll see.
[/b]
I'm actually in the market for a Miata too, going to look at one this Sat. 1999 Black Miata (2nd gen) which has been lightly modded (Jackson Racing Headers, CAI, Katzkins Leather, SS Brake Lines, Sythetics)....kinda excited actually!

Mind to share how much you paid?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car has 100k on it and I paid $4500. It's a little above blue book, but he's got about 750 worth of stereo and the roll bar was professionally done for about $600.

I've been looking for about 2 months and this was by far the best deal. Most 96 with around 80-100k miles run about $6000 where I live.

Definitely the ultimate toy.[/b]
That's the best part about it...It really is a toy to me. I have no need for it, it isn't functional for my lifestyle, but I had the money and I bought it. Feels damn good too.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Going on sat to see a 99 Miata, 53k miles........CAI, Headers....apparently in flawless condition (no scratches on paint). Black 5speed, asking $9500. Maybe I'll have pics up of my new car sat ;) , or maybe not!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
haha miata~ my mom had a miata! nuff said.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That's part of the fun. Nobody expect's a miata to run a 12.9 @ 107mph, pass pretty much everything on the track, and then win a local autocross, all on pump gas.

lapis,

The 99 sport is one of the highest power/weight miata's avail. Nice choice! I'm still looking for a 95 decently priced myself.
[/b]
Looking at the BR Performance Supercharger and :drool: all over the place. At first it was between a charger & a turbo...stuck with charger for the reliablity, then had to choose between Jackson Racing and BR Performance. Unfortunately even if I pick it up, there won't be any heavy modding done to it till around 100k miles since its gonna be my new daily driver.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
put a silvia motor in it
[/b]
The point is keeping it light....so no engine swaps here...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Picked it up today :D, will make a new thread with pics soon :D :D!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some better pics. The paint is in really bad shape.

Still needs a lot of work, but its a start. Def need to rewire the amps and sub. I hate shitty speaker wire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
Trigger6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing