Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

I got my first Mazda back in 2009 when I was 20. I didn’t know how to drive a stick shift but I learned for that car. She’s the orange one in the background, a 2005 Mazda 6i sport 5 speed. I don’t want to give her up, but I live in good old PA and the salt in the winter rusts our cars. It’s because of rust that I needed to move on. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m undercoating my new car.

My newest Mazda I just got this past Friday! She’s a 2016 Mazda 6i 6 speed (took me 3 tries and a YouTube video to figure out how to reverse 😅, the sales guy didn’t even know how to drive a stick).

I’m going to miss my old Mazda, I loved the orange, I’m so bummed Mazda quit doing that color. I’m also going to miss the body style, but the new Mazda is gorgeous!! And I can always get a spoiler and wrap this one orange if I want. The black is sleek though.

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
272 Posts
Welcome!

Mine's the same colour. Bloody hard to keep clean but when it IS clean it looks so good. It has some flecks in the paint which looks really good when the sun's on it.

Looks so much better without a front number plate. Wish we were allowed. Never seen one without front fogs though :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Mine's the same colour. Bloody hard to keep clean but when it IS clean it looks so good. It has some flecks in the paint which looks really good when the sun's on it.

Looks so much better without a front number plate. Wish we were allowed. Never seen one without front fogs though :unsure:
It has a circle for something on the front on the one side, haven’t figured it out. Yes the sparkle in the sun is amazing! It has multicolored flecks and I love it, not looking forward to keeping it clean though 😅. Yeah in PA we don’t have to have a front license plate, but this one previously did, I can see the screw holes. It came from Texas, so I’m assuming that’s why. Some states require the front plate, some don’t.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
18 Posts
Welcome!

The only model that came with the fogs in the states was the grand touring. All the wires are behind the bumper to add them though. Vert easy to add and all you need is the fogs and the stalk with the fog light switch. Total it cost me like $100 and then I bought some LED bulbs for another $40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only model that came with the fogs in the states was the grand touring. All the wires are behind the bumper to add them though. Vert easy to add and all you need is the fogs and the stalk with the fog light switch. Total it cost me like $100 and then I bought some LED bulbs for another $40.
Awesome to know!! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
272 Posts
Everyday is a school day. I think mine is equivalent to the GT as it has adaptive bi-xenon, i-Eloop, sensors all round and front fogs etc. etc. etc.. It's called a SpotNAV over here. There's also an SE but I'm sure these also have front fogs. I'll have a look next time I see one.

·
Super Moderator
18,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. That orange looked awesome on the 1st gen but the flake in the 3rd gen is unrivaled.

·
Registered
2017.5 Touring Plus - Moonroof, Bose & Nav Package and Premium Package Black Mica Paint, Black Letrr
116 Posts
You will enjoy this one as well!
I picked up a 2017.5 Touring in Black in and out.
Love it, and great upgrade from my 2004i Sport.
That paint you about need shades when sun is out, so many different colored flecks!
Yeah, it is a bear to keep clean, but when clean=Happy Place!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It has a circle for something on the front on the one side, haven’t figured it out.
That circle is just a cover for a tow hook if you end up in a pinch. These cars are so comfortable and handle so well. May it bring you enjoyment for many miles!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yup!

Love the black in mine.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Welcome!

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
113 Posts
Welcome back to Mazda6 ownership. As much as I love my 2G, there is just something incredibly gorgeous about a 3G. My neighbour has one and whenever I walk past it to the mailbox I have to stare at it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts