Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this nice little white 6 at a used car lot for $1200 cash. I deliver for a living so picking out a decent car was frustrating especially when I had close to NO time to look the car over or check virtually anything.

I am having some trouble figuring out some problems, maybe someone can help with advice.

• The clock doesn't display at all.
• The lights all around the radio works but no sound at all.
•The odometer works only if I press down the trip mileage button REALLY hard, and as soon as I let go--it's black again.
•The blower works but no cold air.
• It has some strange kick when it's going into second from first gear. It is an automatic.

>The fuses and relays are all good.
>No sequence of buttons on this radio will make anything display, or sound to come out.
>Trying to get the 'secret menu' to display on the dash for error codes does not work.
>Brand new battery installed, no loss of power anywhere.

Please, if anyone has some helpful advice, I can't even find a book for this car at any auto parts store near me.

·
Rally Racer
1,760 Posts
Congratulations. A car this age will require some TLC but you likely already knew that. This site is a veritable repository of information.

I just got this nice little white 6 at a used car lot for $1200 cash. I deliver for a living so picking out a decent car was frustrating especially when I had close to NO time to look the car over or check virtually anything.

I am having some trouble figuring out some problems, maybe someone can help with advice.

• The clock doesn't display at all.
The center display is a common fault. I pulled one from a wrecking yard with excellent results. Check you connectors behind first.

• The lights all around the radio works but no sound at all.
Check the connectors. If it is a Bose system there may be a separate fuse/relay for the amp. and the connector is under the pass. seat.
•The odometer works only if I press down the trip mileage button REALLY hard, and as soon as I let go--it's black again.
Sounds like a faulty connection. You can take the cluster out and check or replace it with one from a wrecker (your mileage will change)
•The blower works but no cold air.
This sounds like one of the many issues that may be behind the HVAC/Radio unit. I would take it out and inspect.
• It has some strange kick when it's going into second from first gear. It is an automatic.
Replace your trans fluid. I would do 3 drain and refills with short driving periods in between each one.
Good luck.
If you have questions about any of these things then do a search. There are ho-to instructions for all of them.

>The fuses and relays are all good.
>No sequence of buttons on this radio will make anything display, or sound to come out.
>Trying to get the 'secret menu' to display on the dash for error codes does not work.
>Brand new battery installed, no loss of power anywhere.

Please, if anyone has some helpful advice, I can't even find a book for this car at any auto parts store near me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing