Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
8000K and 194 Bulb.. not LED

I wanted to keep the Halo look and I knew that the LED's didn't do that good of a job from what i have heard/seen. And I got 8000K cause I have always liked the way those looked over the 6000K's. Makes it stand out a bit more without losign the visibility. PLus I like the more blue look with my red interior lights.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Cops would give me a ticket if I were in a parking lot with those. But, they're nice and bright.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

I wanted to keep the Halo look and I knew that the LED's didn't do that good of a job from what i have heard/seen. And I got 8000K cause I have always liked the way those looked over the 6000K's. Makes it stand out a bit more without losign the visibility. PLus I like the more blue look with my red interior lights.[/b]
Terrific ... what do we call these ? Wedge , 194's , Incadescents .... ya for the Halo effect ... but also for the non-burn as soon as you put'em in / won't fit / won't light right effect also heheh like them LEDs !

Now you've got to tell us :
1) What is the Brand and Model (ex. PIAA , Hyper White , 4500K ...)
2) Part #
3) How do they light in real life (Color Output) A light hint of blue with bright white dominating , etc.
4) Where and How Much $$ ? (Link)

Thx Travis :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

I wanted to keep the Halo look and I knew that the LED's didn't do that good of a job from what i have heard/seen. And I got 8000K cause I have always liked the way those looked over the 6000K's. Makes it stand out a bit more without losign the visibility. PLus I like the more blue look with my red interior lights.[/b]
damn... those don't look 8000K...?!

i thought 8000K was supposed to be like blue?!

also... you said those 194's were NOT LEDs... then what exactly are those?

i found that LEDs burn are too quick etc. and i want to go for bright 194's but not sure which ones to go for! :)

thanksss!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pilot is the brand of HID's www.pilothid.com H1's 8000K
The color output on it is amazing and everything I had hoped for. It is the perfect blue/pure white output for my 6. I know the pictures dont look REAL blue, but they are a lot more obvious in person. With the projector it puts out a beam that makes it look daylight outside. It is a far beam that illuminates a good distance.

the 194 I got from www.autolumination.com (194 (Super White) Xenon Bulb). BTW, that is where I got all of my interior lights as well.
I purposly did not get an LED for the same reason of not getting that Halo look. I wanted to keep that and this bulb did a great job of it. The best part is, it doesn't take away from the HID's. It is a great mesh with the brand of HID's. It makes the headlight unit appear to be one piece. Not 2 random lights beside each other. The lights went in amazingly easy and have had no reason to think they will burn out anytime soon. and for .99 a piece.. easy decision IMO.

Hoped this helped!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
These are the last bulbs at the bottom of this page , fourth to the right : http://autolumination.com/194.htm , right ? at 1.49$
So these seem to light a lot more Blue according the the linky under that bulb's description .

I'm going with H1 HIDs from Apexcone 5000Ks and I'm wondering which will be a perfect (closest to) match to 194s ? Maybe the one to the left : 194 (Super White) Silver Chrome and this way I will not have a blueish bulb showing even when unlit
Where could I get these chromed covered ones - if they make these in Amber for my Headlight Flashers - it would be good to get rid of that Amber showing through the lense .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://www.superlumination.com/ or autolumination.com I have found always has the most selection and are very cheap. My 194 is just slightly blue.. but from the front it is just pure white. you have to ber very close to see blue. now you are correct in that the bulb itself is blue. So if you dont want that you will have to go with a differnt kind. I don't know how white you can get without a blue bulb or blue tipped bulb. those always just look so much whiter and brighter to me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
no, they're not LED's. i had purchased the other ones that have a chrome coating, but they were too blue for the headlights i have so i gave them Frantic[/b]
Wonder what headlights you had ; guess stockers ... but I suppose these chromed tips Super Whites would go good with 5000K ApexCones .... anyone have helpful thoughts ? and dumbass me ; the amber chromed-tipped ones are right next to them with a flashing picture

Hey Travis those two sites are identical - different /similar names
I feel stupid ordering 4 bulbs
Maybe I'll get those red ones above at .99c for the floor/doors ... but I'll still feel silly . Those the ones that go there too - 194s ?

8000K...........bluish white?? I thought you would get more blue than anything else with that temperature.[/b]
That's because his 8000Ks are Pilot HIDs and not the more commonly found here ApexCone / XTec ones . Different companies use different K Temp Colors in their ads ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.