Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it's not so "new" anymore. I got her a month ago. Here she is in all of her glory:

It's a Springfield Armory XD 45. A Semi-Automatic .45 Handgun
She came with 2 Hi-Cap mags (13 rounds each, plus holds 1 in the chamber for 14 rounds), a holster, a mag reloader, and some other plastic holster thing. She is a B e a ute and fires straight and true. It's easy and cake to break down and clean. I definately recommend this handgun to any handgun enthusiasts.

Oh yeah, here are the rounds I currently have loaded. They are Federal Premium Personal Defense Hydra-Shocks. They will put a hole in you the size of [insert noun here]

Will be getting my CWP soon, gotta find some time to take the dang class.
Someone come mess with me, please?
Comments? :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
U peopele are sick with your guns and stuff...u'll end up killin' someone..inocent...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey, you two Oregon guys. In Clackamas Town Center is the skating rink still there? Last time I was there they canned it and put some rides there.
[/b]
Been a while since I've walked by there. Last time I did walk by the food court/ice ring, the rides were still there. My mom says that they even shut down the food court now? No idea. I think they're renovating. I'm pretty sure Lloyd Center still has its ice-ring working.

·
Registered
313 Posts
thats awesome. i've been trying to find a place that rents out that gun so i can try it out before i buy it.

yup the XD's are nice esp. that .45. 13+1 and just a little bit bigger than its 9mm and .40 brothers.
although damn cali law only allows 10max clips.

how does it handle? i favor the sigs 226/229 more over the glocks 17/19 because its got weight. and those sigs feel like they have better grips than the glocks.

yeah S.A. has great prices/deals on their site. comes 2 clips/holster/belt. i dont remember seeing the mag loaders, but thats cool. ooh and a case right?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
[attachmentid=12089]

Very nice piece. This is the "attitude-adjuster" I currently carry. I use 180 GR. jacketed hollow points. Not quite as big of a punch as I would like but it will still knock someone back on their ass and allow them to view their breakfast from three days ago.

S&W .40, this is the gun that got S&W in trouble with GLOCK. Same damn gun but alot less expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
thats awesome. i've been trying to find a place that rents out that gun so i can try it out before i buy it.
[/b]
i don't know if you would have something like this in cali, but in dallas there's a pawn shop that has a firing range, also. they will let you try out the gun before you buy it. all you need is a license and bullets.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all of the compliments! The gun is one of the best I have ever had the chance to shoot, and thats been a lot.

how does it handle? i favor the sigs 226/229 more over the glocks 17/19 because its got weight. and those sigs feel like they have better grips than the glocks.

yeah S.A. has great prices/deals on their site. comes 2 clips/holster/belt. i dont remember seeing the mag loaders, but thats cool. ooh and a case right?
[/b]
It handles great. The grip is very nice, like I said above I have small hands and I have no problems. Its fairly light too. Very little kick for a .45

My prev gun (traded in for this) was a Sig/Mauser M2 .40 - That was good gun, but it was picky, wouldn't fire factory reloads, just stovepiped em and I had to stop what I was doing after nearly every shot. Could only buy 180 Winchester (or like) rounds, not as cheap as the reloads :p

Yah, it also came with a hard case and a cable lock. Priced around $450, so its a great deal!

[attachmentid=12089]

Very nice piece. This is the "attitude-adjuster" I currently carry. I use 180 GR. jacketed hollow points. Not quite as big of a punch as I would like but it will still knock someone back on their ass and allow them to view their breakfast from three days ago.

S&W .40, this is the gun that got S&W in trouble with GLOCK. Same damn gun but alot less expensive.
[/b]
Nice... The Hydra-Shocks are 160 grain, but that just makes it slow enough to tear shit up :p JK!

I actually looked at that gun also, but decided I wanted to go with a .45
My friend also purchased the same gun I have and he is the one that talked me into getting this one. I read somewhere recently that they are saying that it's one of the best .45s ever made, almost as good as the famed 1911. I'll have to find that article.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
What's not to get?
[/b]
Why anybody besides law enforcement would need one? Yes I understand the right to bear arms and all that, but growing up in a country where gun ownership didn't exist I don't understand the need to bear arms. If you want to hunt, use a bow. As far as home protection, I don't think having a handgun in the house is effective. To me it's more of a danger to the occupants of the house than a potential robber.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice gun. Im not a big fan of HydraShok ammo though. When I got my first gun I was all about it, but when you do the research its not as good as claimed. I admit I dont shoot a .45 thought so it might be a little different. Ive read that the expansion charecteristics are over rated. Which with a 45 would just blow holes through someone. :)

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
About this Discussion
162 Replies
46 Participants
JrV
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing