Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these popping up lately on 300C's, and there also part of the chrome package with the new PT Cruisers. Well... being as im going the lesser traveled route of chrome accessories on my MAzda6, i decided i'd get these and see how they looked...

... and i love em! In the sun they glare like crazy... and just bling like a motherfucker.

Now, dont get me wrong... im not all about the huge spinning rim bling shit. In fact, i prefer the darker, racer look. But, when i got my 6 in the champagne color, i had to make a choice... go the route everyone goes with there 6 and fog the lights, tin the windows, etc. or do i wanna go for another look... the shiny, chrome muscle car idea? I decided that with my color car, the chrome would look better than smoked lights, and black rims.

So, as the year goes by, i shall be getting some 16" chrome rims(just gotta pick a design i like), a few more chrome accessories for the xterior, and i will be getting the mirror window tint.

i'll unveil it all when im done.

Anyways, here are the chrome b pillars... i dig em.

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not a terrible idea. But considering the whole window should be outlined in chrome if you wanna do that. Just the b-pillars just looks kinda lame and cheap.

And I have chrome door handles and chrome rims on my 6. I just don't like the look of just chrome b-pillars. If it was all the way around the window, then that might look ok. But not just b-pillars.

Just my .02

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a terrible idea. But considering the whole window should be outlined in chrome if you wanna do that. Just the b-pillars just looks kinda lame and cheap.

[/b]
You know, my gf said the same thing... and i was kinda cautious of that too... but seeing it in person, you really dont even notice that the outling isnt chrome. It still looks sick as fuck... if not sicker... cause with the chrome outline, it screams "Im tryin to look more luxery!" but with just the B pillars... i think it sounds more like "i have style!"

I dunno... all i know is those tits in my AV look awesome.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Eww! And 16" Chromes? :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
Hey man, to each his own. If i had a black/gray 6, i'd have gone the same direction you did with yours. But i just cant picture my color with all that racer black stuff. Your whip looks great, i just hope after all the peices are in place with mine it looks sweet too, in its own respect. The goal is 'different'.

And whats wrong with 16" chromes? Is it the chrome u dont like, or the size? I dont want huge... so u think 16" is too big? I was thinkin 16"s, tops! maybe 15.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
[/b]
i agree i am not a fan of all the chrome the 6 isint meant to be a 300c, but its your car and if youo like it go for it. But atleast stay with like 17s or 18s dont go down to 16s in chrome please.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nope. I have the chrome grill and rear lic plate garnish, but that does not work for me. I could handle the chrome door handles, though.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
dvs sucks! etnies are better.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
but with just the B pillars... i think it sounds more like "i have style!"
[/b]
or... "get your drugs and hookers here"

I see the chrome B-pillars on the 300 and PT Cruiser, and I was shocked that those cars could actually be made to look even worse.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My opinion is that there is a right way and a wrong way to do chrome, but before I can give my opinion on yours, I need better pictures! (Cell phone pics I'm guessing?)

·
Registered
142 Posts
x5
Little too south of the border for my tastes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts