352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Looks like an Italian designed Nokia with its sharp lines. How does it function? Is it really awesome? My next phone is definetly gonna be the SLVR (until of course I find out its a piece of shit). I got to mess with it the other day, I like it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open the link again and look at the price. I only WISH I had the money to be able to blow on this phone.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
No cell phone is worth that much money, and it really doesnt look all that amazing, which is why I made the Italian Nokia comment. However, if thats what people are paying good money for, well, for that price, why not get a Mazda6?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Every cell phone is about to be antiquated. The newest models (still being released) will work over local 802.11g networks at substantially reduced rates. Now THAT is cool!

(And, technically speaking, hugely impressive if it actually works seamlessly. The system for that must have been impossibly complicated to write.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Every cell phone is about to be antiquated. The newest models (still being released) will work over local 802.11g networks at substantially reduced rates. Now THAT is cool!

(And, technically speaking, hugely impressive if it actually works seamlessly. The system for that must have been impossibly complicated to write.)
[/b]
Really? Where did you hear about that? Do you have any links for some reading? Would these be tied into VOIP networks? More info!! :lurk:

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You'd still need cell towers because WiFi can't reach as far.
[/b]
Well yeah, but you'd need less. The current ones would see a lower load, freeing up the bandwidth for (potentially) streaming video and such. Most buildings have WiFi nowadays, leaving the cell towers mostly for drivers. But drivers shouldn't be talking on the phone then anyway. :p

What home or workplace doesn't have WiFi? If costs are reduced while in a WiFi zone (for example, when at home) then there's no longer any reason to have a land line. And with "free" connectivity to the internet to download media, the cell phone suddenly makes sense as an iPod replacement, too.

There's so much potential for these phones now that the cell tower bottleneck can be bypassed. That's why I'd wait for these new phones. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks a little like a knock-off of the SLVR. I recently purchased the SLVR from Cingular. I totally love it! I was getting so tired of flip phones and this is perfect. The blue illumination on the phone is brighter than the RAZR. Its really nice!!

Edit: This was posted before I looked at the price... Oh my! I cant fathom spending that kind of money on most anything, more or less a freakin cell phone! You could buy a new car for that price!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Vertu is a division of Nokia. They are GSM phones made with precious metels.
You can load Google Talk onto you Blackberry 8700, for IM for now. Can Voice -over -cellular be far off?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Speaking of cell phones and this might be off topic, but does anyone have the blade or razor. They are the same phone but Cingular and Sprint has different names. Anyways, I was talking to a rep at sprint and he said the battery life in those phone don't last too long. If so why is that phone so popular? I just want some feed back so I can decide what phone I should get when I update mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
kpjimmy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing