Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mother nature smited me with most ferocious fury. She sent baseball size hail bombs onto everything I own. My MazdaSpeed6 with just 2000 miles looks like someone beat it with a baseball bat. Anybody know how they repair this kind of damage. The window pillars and back pillars took the most damage. It looks like the dents are an inch deep in places and about 3 inches wide. Unless they cut the top off how are they going to repair it?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Comp. Coverage.... ONLY covers what most companies call "acts of god" if someone hits you in a parking lot.... and you don't know who it was... (hit and run) that is covered under collision or... liability....

Anyway, if you have comp coverage... then that covers Hail.. Trees... rocks.... and other such "act of god" damage....

·
Registered
364 Posts
seize the opportunity, convertible!

:hoho:

in all seriousness, call a dent remover or someone that specializes in hail damage repair

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no deductable comp and also GAP (if need be) but when I called the insurance company it kind of sounded like "just stand by and wait in line" I can see the argument right now. They will want to put bondo on it on the pillars and I will argue that is rediculous on a new car. I can see the hood, trunk and the tail lights being replaced but those pillars and the roof are where I see the problem.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
They'll just pop it all out. The places that do that sort of stuff are experts at it. They can pop out pretty much anything that doesn't have a crease. And if need be, the pull the panels off, beat them smooth, then put them back on again. With a good place you won't ever know there was a problem.

It costs a pretty penny, but that's what the insurance is for.

·
Registered
661 Posts
push it over a cliff and say it was stolen - then move somewhere where there isn't baseball sized hail.

but seriously, that really sucks - sorry.

·
Registered
867 Posts
HOLY SHIT! I feel ya man. god i wouldn't be able to sleep lol. hope it all works out

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some picks from today (CLICK for bigger):

I placed bag over light so it is being lifted here

I will add this to give you an idea of the damage cause it is hard to see in pictures on the color car. This is (was) my MINT condition white Buick Regal GS:

And another idea of damage. That is the house. THOSE ARE NOT LEAVES. THOSE ARE HOLES!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow!! So sorry for you. :tear:

How is it that you didn't lose any windows?? When I went to pick up me Speed 6 the dealer had just gotten hit by a hail storm and then one I wanted actually had the back window busted out and was flooded with water. I said "no way" and waited until the next boat load came in to get mine.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Geez dude, that SUCKS! Where do you live? The damage definitely is repairable. Your insurance should cover it no problem.

We never got hail like that back North (D.C. Metro Area) However, since I've lived here in TX the last couple years the threat of big ass hail has been my biggest fear. I'm SO glad I park my car in the garage. Just last week it was about to thunderstorm and I RAN outside to put my car in the garage because I'd left it out after I washed it. No hail came down, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow!! So sorry for you. :tear:

How is it that you didn't lose any windows?? When I went to pick up me Speed 6 the dealer had just gotten hit by a hail storm and then one I wanted actually had the back window busted out and was flooded with water. I said "no way" and waited until the next boat load came in to get mine.

Good luck!!
[/b]

Everybody had broken glass except the Buick and the Mazda. For example, the Nova's Windshield was busted but you can't see it cause the buick is in the way. All windows (Houses) facing that direction broke. The storm just creeped up and before you knew it, it sounded like a locomotive was coming through the house. It lasted 20 minutes and let up just as fast as it came. I am lucky in that there was only 3 windows on that side of the house. Had it come from the front with the dining room bay windows and living room windows I would have no doubt been picking glass out of my hair. West Virginia.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Happened to the civic once. Took it to a guy that used heat very carfully to pop every dent in the roof out. No bondo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ouch! Fortunatley it looks like a good candidate for paintless dent removal. Good luck!
[/b]
Unfortunatley that will not be an option. My wife went out and took those pictures real quick, but upon my inspection under the lights of Wendy's this evening, I see that the paint is cracked and actually split and missing in some places. The paint looks so thin. Almost like it is only paper thin. The nasty part is that rust is already setting in were it cracked and chipped. Arggghhhhh !!! I just know it will never be the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
wow man that really sux. I really do hope that can be fixed! it would be a shame to see such a beautiful car go to waste over a storm! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Wow, which part of the country are you from? That sucks! Hope you get it fixed soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts