Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to put these on for a while now but never had the time too. I had to cut and dremmel the fender but it wasn't too bad. I think it gives the car a cleaner more classy look. I also tapped them to my blinkers which is nice for lane changes :)

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I've been thinking of filling in the clear corneres on my car and having them paitned over silver then putting the turn signal there as well like the JDM Atenza.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome work! Did you have to take the fenders off?[/b]
No, just cut and dremmeled right on there. I did put some tape on the fender before I started, so I would get any scratches and I could draw out my outline.
Looks good from afar, but can you take closer shots? But very unique![/b]
Here you go!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
your car looks like a christmas tree....add a few more lights

it would be nice if you hid the sidemarkers

·
Registered
748 Posts
nice. no clears?
[/b]
clears would look better IMO, but still looking good!

it would be nice if you hid the sidemarkers
[/b]
that would be interesting!

i think this is the first time i see your car, can't make out the rims, which ones do you have? size? tire? which springs? are your calipers painted? they seem to be yellowish, which is what i want.

oh yeah, remove the door guards! :p

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That does look nice. In fact, I think it looks better than the stock Atenza ones...

Although, contrary to what everyone says, I'd say keep the doorguards, and keep the stock sidemarkers - especially since your new addition is orange too...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That does look nice. In fact, I think it looks better than the stock Atenza ones...

Although, contrary to what everyone says, I'd say keep the doorguards, and keep the stock sidemarkers - especially since your new addition is orange too...[/b]
Thanks, thats what I was going for an amber theme. I dont really like the clear look :nana:. As for the door guards I left them on because this mazda is my daily and I live in cali where lots of people are parking lot jackasses.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like the side markers. I do think clear ones will be better, though.

Another thing: it looks like you have California plates. How are you able to tint your front windows so dark? Isn't that illegal? I want to tint mine, but the tint shops will not let me tint the fronts that dark.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
More guts then me. I'd never take a dremel to anything on the outside...

Came out nice, and i think you should mess with trying to hide the stock ones somehow.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Really nice clean ride. I agree it's one too many lights and think filling the reflector light would make it flow better.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Very nice . I see we have similar tastes . I do like the orange contrast with the white . On my white Cobra I kept the orange-on-white look with the corners . BTW What fog lights are those on your lower bumper ? I'm not sure with which to go with .

I myself have bought BMW Side Markers about 2 two weeks ago . They are the 2005 BMW 330 Ci ones :) (they are wider than your 4-door BMW 3 ones) I have yet to find time to install'em ! I'm glad to see you did'em like I was planning on doing with the Dremel . I'm a bit intimidated about the install though since the back center part of the marker is big & boxy and comes quite close to the edge like a fraction of an inch with the ones I bought !!! I was going to do a template for that .

How hard was it to cut through ? Can you give me pointers / advice on installing'em ?? Was wiring them a problem and did you buy the BMW wires and socket-plug like I had to ???

I took pics of what I'm talking about . Do you have pics of the markers (back part) before & during install ? I plan on taking some as part of putting a How-To thread .

BMW Sockets & Wiring

Very Close-Edged Back Part !!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
beemer-wanna-bes...j/k that install is insanely clean looking, real professional, nice work. but it'd be nice if you shared w/ us the details of the install like what the guy above me asked for.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
29 Participants
mr_luv1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing