Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put down my deposit for a 2005 Mazda 6 Wagon, Sport trim.

I'll list what I paid for it just to give other buyers an idea. I was able to talk the dealer down on almost everything at invoice.

2005 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon, Sport S Trim w/ gray cloth interior - $22158
6-speed Automatic Transmission - $827
Fuel Door (Satin) - $80
Door Edge Guards - $64
Cargo Mat - $40
Bumper Step Plate - $30
Cabin Air Filter - $20
Clear Taillights - $236
Silver/Black Leather Brake Handle - $127
Silver/Black Leather Gear Shift Knob - $77
Silver/Black Leather Steering Wheel - $360
CD/MP3 Player - $500 (this was the only thing on the list not at invoice)
Window Tint $199

on top of that, I also got an additional $2125 cash, which I took right off the top.

So my bottom line price with all fees and everything came to $25,397.

This is my first time ever buying a car on my own so I am pretty pleased and think I got a good deal. I purchased from Cory Fairbanks Mazda in Orlando, FL. Did almost all of the price negotiations through email, and got them down an extra $150 at the dealer.

So now I just have to wait 6-8 weeks, and then 1 day for the dealer installed options, and I will be driving a brand new custom 05 6 wagon!

:drive:

-Zampa

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by socal714guy@Dec 14 2004, 12:31 AM
good to see another wagon owner in here!! welcome
[snapback]335311[/snapback]​
Yeah I liked the look of the Mazda 3, but the 3 is still a compact, and it didn't have enough cargo space for me to haul my drums around in. So I went for the wagon which still had the exterior sexiness of the 3, but with a little bit more room inside, and a nice 220HP V6 to go with it! I think I made a good choice! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Congrats. The wagon is a great "band car", and probably the main reason I bought it. I got tired of fumbling around putting all my instruments in the back seat. Expensive instruments never go in the trunk, subject to heat and cold!

It swallows a huge amount of stuff. One gig, I took four people, plus all our equipment: That's 2 large (3'x2'x1') heavy boxes of music, a luggage cart, my baritone sax (huge), 2 trumpets, alto and soprano sax, flute, a few bags of accessories, and a few tuxedos and jackets.

Sure, it was a little hard to see out the rear view mirror...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

I'm getting the windows tinted at the dealer, and I'd like your opinion on how 50% front, 35% back, 30% rear would look? or does it look better to get the same all the way around? I don't want it to be so dark that it makes it hard to see at night... so would 50% all around be decent?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The wagon is the BOMB! Mine is white with limo-tint on the windows (except forward doors). Looks great, drives great and hauled 4 people and 7 suitcases 10 hours round-trip to an airport.

Update us when you have your new car - I'm really curious about the new 6 speed auto.
angela

1 - 10 of 10 Posts