Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going to post the full story since I put it in the mazdaspeed6 section already. Which is here.

Long story short though, I got hit full speed from some guy and his driving instructor. Damaged the bumper, exhaust and trunk. Not sure how long its going to take to get fixed.

The pictures are here.

Didnt even have my car a year yet.

/jason

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow that really sucks man. im glad everyone is ok though. looks like the 6 did take the accident quite well. although its hard to tell from the pics how far towards the front of the car all of the flexing has gone.

*corection lol* I looked at the pics more. not sure if the rear quarters are creased or flexed much. if they arent then yea the speed six did really well. if they are a lil bit (which it almost looks like they are), then i hope its not much to get them back to normal

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...

Does the old corolla has a brake pedal on the passenger side? Anyway, most likely the instructor just let the learner drove the car alone while he's falling asleep!

I don't hate learners but please fucking watch out.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!

If its true I'm so thankful you guys are ok, but man you're being way too cool about this.....I'm tweaking and I don't even own your car.....

I'm glad you guys are ok...I hope your girlfriend will be ok.....

I don't like how the rear quater is sticking out.....if your frame is bent it may not be so cool.......

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear your accidnet, i feel your pain, when i had my P5 for 6months, i got hit really bad too....and it hurt the car and me...

anyways, it looks like you'll have quite a lot of damages from lookin' at the pics...it seems that eveything underside of your car (rear) has been pushed foward, not j/ the exhaust damage, but the whole underside near the back of your car.......a friend had a similar accidenton a civic, and cost over $5000 to fix.......so you are probably lookin' at least $8000 CAD damage

once again, i feel your pain...

·
Registered
635 Posts
sorry to hear that dude ... I am always scared of stuff like this esp. when its about to start snowing ..

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The pictures don't look to bad, my guess is damage will be around $2000, for new bumper and muffler. The frame looks fine from what I can see. The Toyota took most of the damage. Toyota's FTW !!!

EDIT:

Wait a sec, if it's a driving school car, than that means it has 2 brake pedals. 2 BRAKE PEDALS. I would seriously complain the to driving school, and sue the instructor for negligence. Get a full cat back and FMIC, make that idiot PAY.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I can definitely imagine the impact to the car as you were standing still. Hopefully you did release your brake right away during the collision. Otherwise, there could be some invisible damages. It sucks and it sucks even more to happen to such a car like yours.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Good luck with the repairs Jason...I think I can hear Chris crying into his buffing wheel all the way from here...

EDIT - in the pics, that schputz of a driving instructor is stuffing the sign into the back seat...did it fly off? And perhaps dent your MS6 somewhere less-than-obvious?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
He probably took it off out of embarassment. Think about it, THERE ARE 2 BRAKE PEDALS. NO EXCUSES !!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
yea. it definatly doesnt look good for the instructor/student. im assuming the student was driving. so its one thing (although still totaly unacceptable) that the student made a mistake. but even worse on the instructor. ouch i wouldnt want to be either of them right now.

As a side note, for some reason it doesnt bother me as much as it did a year ago to see pics of damaged 6's.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Jason... my condolences. I feel your pain man.

Was some good-for-nothing student driving that POS Corolla? I need to know to feel better about this situation. I hate Corolla's even more now than I did before. May all Corollas in the world spontaneously explode.

But, I noticed something interesting in your pics...

Most, if not all, rear-endings I've seen till today have resulted in the rear-ended car taking the brunt of the force. Usually the entire trunk is collapsed and the bumper is shoved almost into the back seat. The rear-ending car, OTOH, usually has little damage.

In your case, its the opposite. Most of the damage happened to the Corolla (did I mention how much I hate them?) and your speed6 is in better shape, relatively speaking of course.

I think you have the speed6's reinforced structure to thank for that. Had you been in any other car, I think you'd be pulling your rear bumper out of the back seat.

I wish you all the best getting the car fixed, dude. I mean, I drove that car. I feel, somehow, in a strange sort of way, a personal connection to it.

Ok, I'm gonna go cry in peace now...

·
Registered
272 Posts
In your case, its the opposite. Most of the damage happened to the Corolla (did I mention how much I hate them?) and your speed6 is in better shape, relatively speaking of course.

I think you have the speed6's reinforced structure to thank for that. Had you been in any other car, I think you'd be pulling your rear bumper out of the back seat.

[/b]
The pictures show the Crayola Crayon was in a full nose dive when it hit. So most of the impact force was not absorbed by the Corolla's bumper, but it's hood and front facia. This looks like it absorbed a lot of impact.

Jason, things to watch out for, broken or twisted mounts... look over the motor mounts and differential mounts. The impact sent the muffler back into the engine, which would have attempted to push it forward and twist your mounts and transmission. Get them to check the rear main seal for leaking. A small impact can damage it (did on my Neon when I hit a curb with the front motor mount), the results is a small oil leak at the transmission, which you won't notice for a couple months, then they have to remove the transmission to replace.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
:tear: Jason....

Honestly I know way more about cars than I wish to...seriously I know a lot but not cause I want to. However, in your case I had to stop looking cause I had real tears for that poor car... and honestly I have to deal with Chris so his whining alone should make me cry but dude I totally feel for you!! I can't even imagine :( We got cut off yesterday and hit a curbed median in my cav and bent a rim probably will need an alignment and got another tire on our way to Niagara Falls, however that means nothing in comparison :( I am truly saddened and hope all goes well...worse case scenario you get a new car...so I suppose that's not too bad...at least you have someone to go after. The jerk that cut us off just kept going...damn Volvo's!!! :swearin:

Katie

Ps Chris got rear ended after 13 days and he pouted...but honestly he was just a baby...it was a couple of scratches...however you have ever right to let it out and cry like a baby...I'll send kleenex!! Keep us posted. C&K

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everything guys. I really appreciate it. I will let you know what happens with the car as far as being fixed or wrote off. Who knows. I imagine its going to be a long wait for parts. Good thing its winter anyways. I'm just paranoid about problems in the future, I mean, its factory build has been soiled and now I have no idea how warranty work is going to work or anything like that.

I'm not too sure about the sign, it took us a while to get out of the car so he could have picked it up and put it in the backseat where I first noticed it. I am pretty sure he probably didnt have it on though. Still pretty shitty about the 2 brake thing. I didnt look to make sure, but I think its a requirement as far as I know. The airbag blew apart the instructors rear view mirror that was on his side of the car. Even with all the fluids leaking out of his car, he got in and tried to start the car. lol. sigh.

Anyways, I hope to find out soon whats going on and such.

Thanks again everyone!

/jason

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Not going to post the full story since I put it in the mazdaspeed6 section already. Which is here.

Long story short though, I got hit full speed from some guy and his driving instructor. Damaged the bumper, exhaust and trunk. Not sure how long its going to take to get fixed.

The pictures are here.

Didnt even have my car a year yet.

/jason
[/b]
wow god bless mazda !!! the toyota got beat up pretty bad, and only the rear bumper and exhaust got damaged !!! not even a dent on the rear fender or the tail light?!?! new catback and bumper comin up, jason?? lol

sorry for that, jason, btw... it sux !!! and how the hell the driver drive so fast when he's learning how to drive ?!?!? WTH

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
wow god bless mazda !!! the toyota got beat up pretty bad, and only the rear bumper and exhaust got damaged !!! not even a dent on the rear fender or the tail light?!?! new catback and bumper comin up, jason?? lol

sorry for that, jason, btw... it sux !!! and how the hell the driver drive so fast when he's learning how to drive ?!?!? WTH
[/b]
The learner should first learn how to SEE!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think he saw
just wasn't able to break fast enough

Sorry to hear that Jason, time for a different rear bumper
yes I'm not a fan of the ms6 rear

·
Registered
201 Posts
wow man, that's bad news. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully it'll be fully covered by the jerk that hit you, and the guy/gal behind the corolla won't be getting their licence any time soon.

On another note, zoomzoomfan, why do you hate corollas so much? They're great, dependable cars that do what they're ment to do and excel at it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
On another note, zoomzoomfan, why do you hate corollas so much? They're great, dependable cars that do what they're ment to do and excel at it.
[/b]
Cuz they hurt innocent MS6's.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts