Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty happy now. My Whitewater Pearl came in today - was supposed to be delivered March 5 from the port.

Whitewater Pearl
black/white leather
NAV
Mazdaspeed Rays wheels
Sirius Sat radio
shock sensor
wheel locks
cargo net
all-season floor mats

best of all - no sunroof! (why I ordered it)

I pick the car up tomorrow - no mazdaspeed certified tech was in today....actually, no tech was supposed to be in until monday, but one is coming in on his day off tomorrow to PDI the car for me. So I just went in tonight to get all the paperwork finalized. S-plan rules - so hassle free.
They had it up on a rack, all the wheels off so they Mazdaspeed tech could remount the stock tires on the Rays wheels tomorrow. Man, they had one of the Rays wheels out - it is light! Awesome!

Clear bra will be installed on the way home from the dealer tomorrow, with tint coming on monday or tuesday hopefully. Then maybe some pics.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Congrat to your new MS6. But I have always thought you already had your speed6 since you have been on this forum for a while and seen your posing quite regularly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
white pearl and mazdaspeed rays wheels from the factory--NICE!! post some pics when u get the chance. but lemme ask u, why the decision on not to have sunroof? i think u are the 2nd person i saw that specifically asked for no sunroof on the speed6

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats ls1-- Luv the combo :D
white pearl and mazdaspeed rays wheels from the factory--NICE!! post some pics when u get the chance. but lemme ask u, why the decision on not to have sunroof? i think u are the 2nd person i saw that specifically asked for no sunroof on the speed6
[/b]
FYI, MS Rays wheels are not available as a factory-installed option; dealer installed (hence the tech mounting ls1's wheels at the dealer).

I specifically picked my MS6 w/o moonroof as well, and there is several reasons why:

* lower center of gravity
* more headroom (important when wearing a helmet-- track events :drive: )
* less wind noise/heat intrusion (esp here in 'Zona)

I'd love to see some pics of those mazdaspeed rays wheels mounted on a speed6.
[/b]
linky: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=46608&hl=rays

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats ls1-- Luv the combo :D

FYI, MS Rays wheels are not available as a factory-installed option; dealer installed (hence the tech mounting ls1's wheels at the dealer).

I specifically picked my MS6 w/o moonroof as well, and there is several reasons why:

* lower center of gravity
* more headroom (important when wearing a helmet-- track events :drive: )
* less wind noise/heat intrusion (esp here in 'Zona)
linky: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=46608&hl=rays
[/b]

exactly my reason's as well - I might as well put the $700 towards something else I would acutally use also. I have had sunroofs on all my past cars, includeing some my wife I still own - and we just dont use them.

Congrat to your new MS6. But I have always thought you already had your speed6 since you have been on this forum for a while and seen your posing quite regularly.
[/b]
I have been on here since I ordered the car in January, and had a non-refundable $2000 down on the car already - so I knew it was just a matter of time until mine arrived :D

I'd love to see some pics of those mazdaspeed rays wheels mounted on a speed6.
[/b]

If I am not mistaken, azms6 has the same color car as me, with the Rays forged on his - he posted pics a couple months ago I think.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Great to hear you finally joined FULL TIME.. :laugh:
Sweet color combo and plenty of options to mod with just body stripping, etc.. That is what's nice about WHITE.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats man!!! Post some pics....of all cars :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up the car today and went straight to the clearbra installer. He did an awesome job - especially since it was a custom installation since there is no precut pattern for the Mazdaspeed 6 - limited volume cars take alot longer if at all for 3M to make an application. He covered half the hood, the complete front bumper from wheelwell to wheelwell, the door edges, the mirrors, and the complete rear bumper from wheelwell to wheelwell. Being that I have a whitewater pearl, you can barely see the film at all on it. I have it on my other cars, and you can definitely see it more on my black GTO - but still not that bad. I cant wait to order some Zaino and do all my cars with it. Just waiting for my house to get done so I have my huge 3 car garage to do it in. I hate not having a garage now...just covered parking for 2 of the cars.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just ordered my sharkfin antenna, and have to go outside to activate the Sirius for the morning commute. The modding begins.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Picked up the car today and went straight to the clearbra installer. He did an awesome job - especially since it was a custom installation since there is no precut pattern for the Mazdaspeed 6 - limited volume cars take alot longer if at all for 3M to make an application. He covered half the hood, the complete front bumper from wheelwell to wheelwell, the door edges, the mirrors, and the complete rear bumper from wheelwell to wheelwell. Being that I have a whitewater pearl, you can barely see the film at all on it. I have it on my other cars, and you can definitely see it more on my black GTO - but still not that bad. I cant wait to order some Zaino and do all my cars with it. Just waiting for my house to get done so I have my huge 3 car garage to do it in. I hate not having a garage now...just covered parking for 2 of the cars.
[/b]
Glad you got it done already. Hope he went high enough. You will find that the Air pattern causes a low pressure 3/4's the way up on the front hood. Way past where I thought the normal 3M Scotchgard Mazdaspeed 6 pattern would cover. So they have 2 patterns out. 1 standard cut which travels 7-9" up the hood and an extended which carries it another 4".
How about some pics of that custom install? Let's see how it looks compared to the Mazdaspeed 6 cut patterns which have been out since January. :thumbup:

·
Registered
998 Posts
just ordered my sharkfin antenna, and have to go outside to activate the Sirius for the morning commute. The modding begins.

--------------------
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Whitewater Pearl Grand Touring
FACTORY OPTIONS
-black and white leather - NAV -Mazdaspeed Rays forged wheels
-Sirius radio from factory -alarm shock sensor -cargo net
-compass auto-dimming mirror -wheel locks -Mazdaspeed all weather mats
AFTERMARKET MODS
-3M clearbra

2004 Pontiac GTO A4 black/black
-Comp cam - Lingtenfelter CAI - Stainless Works Long Tubes with cats
-Stainless Works chambered dual 3-in catback - Taylor 10.4's and TR55's
-Vigilante 3200 stall torque convertor -Nitto 275 drags in back - 3M clearbra - 20% tint all around
HP dyno tune 378whp 344wtq
13.9 1/4 stock, 1200 miles 2.0 60'ft stock tires
13.5 @ 103 with LPE intake and Predator tune 2.0 60'ft stock tires
[email protected] 1.767 60ft 4/4/6 Gateway International

2005 Infiniti G35X Brilliant silver/stone leather
-Premium package 3 - Intelligent key - Navigation Package - rear spoiler - Sirius SAT radio - splash guards -carpeted trunk mat - fullsize matching spare -Rosewood trim - 20% tinted all around - 3M clearbra
- [email protected]

1998 Nissan Altima GXE FOR SALE - PM if interested $3600 81000 miles
[/b]
Holy ridiculous long signature batman!

Any chance of trimming it down? Especially since your posts are less then half your signature length. Makes mobile computing not fun.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Holy ridiculous long signature batman!

Any chance of trimming it down? Especially since your posts are less then half your signature length. Makes mobile computing not fun.
[/b]
:yesnod: The sig exceeds the # of lines of text stated in the Terms of Service.

·
Registered
979 Posts
How much did the 3M run?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you got it done already. Hope he went high enough. You will find that the Air pattern causes a low pressure 3/4's the way up on the front hood. Way past where I thought the normal 3M Scotchgard Mazdaspeed 6 pattern would cover. So they have 2 patterns out. 1 standard cut which travels 7-9" up the hood and an extended which carries it another 4".
How about some pics of that custom install? Let's see how it looks compared to the Mazdaspeed 6 cut patterns which have been out since January. :thumbup:
[/b]

I will get pics after I get my tint done on Wednesday. The hood piece is a good 14 inches at least up the hood. I can barely see it at all on the Whitewater paint.

Sucks it will take 4 weeks to get my Sharkfin though - according to the email I got today from RPM.

Sorry I didnt know there was a limit on the Sig - I did shorten about 7-8 lines out if it just now - and it looks much longer when you quote me b/c it gets compressed in a shorter space. I will try to take out somemore though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I will get pics after I get my tint done on Wednesday. The hood piece is a good 14 inches at least up the hood. I can barely see it at all on the Whitewater paint.

Sucks it will take 4 weeks to get my Sharkfin though - according to the email I got today from RPM.

Sorry I didnt know there was a limit on the Sig - I did shorten about 7-8 lines out if it just now - and it looks much longer when you quote me b/c it gets compressed in a shorter space. I will try to take out somemore though.
[/b]
Your sig isn't placed in quotes.

If you decide that you will not have an image in your avatar, then there is a maximum of 5 single spaced lines where 1 line equals the width of the sig text input box.
[/b]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
15 Participants
PRacing
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing