Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Bald Eagle here in ATL....I just joined today but I've been reading the site for several months; GREAT stuff! I've had my 6 about two (2) weeks now (Steel Grey Metallic w/grey cloth, V-6 w/5-speed manny tranny, moonroof, & sport grille). My previous ride was a '93 Mazda 626 LX I4 5-speed, & before that, I owned an '84 626 I4 5-speed coupe; drove each for a decade w/no major problems & both went past 120K miles w/the original clutches....the manual transmissions were bullit-proof! My mom drives a 2001 Protege LX (auto); & my better half has a 2001 MPV LX....do we like Mazdas or what!? My new 6 is a gem, this car blew me away when I first drove it....talkin' about exceeding expectations...WOW! This car's FAST....0-60 mph in 6.8 secs. which is as quick as my old high school buddy's 1967 Pontiac GTO muscle mule, amazing! :D At the same time, its got a handsome look that doesn't attract Mr. Law Enforcement out on the road. The quality of the materials, state-of-the-art engineering, comfort, & versatility are all there. For the price, this car is the best kept secret in the automotive industry today. Did y'all know that a Mazda won Le Mans once back in the '80's, & that these brilliant engineers made the wankel engine work in mass production when the Germans couldn't? Mazda automobiles are grossly under-rated by the general public but these cars are exquisite, & solid examples of cutting edge automotive technology & engineering. I'm really lookin' forward to the RX-8 launch!! (Btw, I've also posted a few thoughts on the "car electronics" thread on the moonroof/sunroof subject).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reading Topic: My Mazda6s: Sleeper Rice-Rocket

Welcome to the forum Mr Eagle. Good to have you on board.

I think most of the members of this site would be aware of Mazda's engineering feats and will not need convincing. And I think most would enjoy the slightly 'lower key' profile that Mazda has compared to some of the bigger Japanese names.

BTW I think Mazda's Le Mans victory was in 1991 - the culmination of decades of hard work. It finally paid off for them.

Again welcome

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: My Mazda6s: Sleeper Rice-Rocket

Congrats!!!

And welcome onboard.

A small friendly hint... use the Enter key once in a while when you write. Makes your posts eaiser to read. You know... :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My Mazda6s: Sleeper Rice-Rocket'

Hey, I'm down in Peachtree City. Ever come down this way? I saw a Steel Metallic Grey 6 down here a couple weeks ago, I'm wondering if it's yours. I've got the same one with sports, leather, moonroof. Great car, isnt' it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My Mazda6s: Sleeper Rice-Rocket'

Originally posted by slaag

BTW I think Mazda's Le Mans victory was in 1991 - the culmination of decades of hard work. It finally paid off for them.

Again welcome[/b]
And they're the only Japanese team to do it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts