Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Someone had backed out of their drive without looking well and smashed up my rear passenger side around wheel, above wheel, and edge of back passenger door and door handle. Door doesn't really close well now. Door handle fell out of the door. Back tire rims scratched up and rubs a little on mangled frame around tire. Going to see if I can move that stuff out of way tomorrow so it is drivable until I get it into shop tuesday/wednesday.

2003 Mazda 6s fully loaded.... Steel Gray w/sports grille and chrome.
Will post the damage pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It sounds like quite a bit of damage so hopefully you know who was responsible. Sorry to hear about your bad luck!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that.
Did they tell you they hit your car?
Do you know who it was?

I hope it was not hit and run because body damage is costly to repair.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
867 Posts
damn know what you mean this happend to me last week: here so its in the shop now

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
damn know what you mean this happend to me last week: here so its in the shop now
[/b]
let's hope this doesn't happen to anyone else! it's unfortunate that people cannot drive...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got their name/ins, police came, report filed, etc... so shouldn't be any problems.

Here are some pictures. They had a jeep wrangler so the spare wheel on back is what hit me for most part.

I am thinking since it'll be in the shop I may upgrade to the newer clear or black tail lights and headlights. Will the newer ones fit a 2003?

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
My deepest sympathies. Although your car survived and should be driveable with some tweaking until you can get it into the shop, I personally think rear quarter-panel damage is among the worst to deal with. Hopefully, there's a good shop around, because, if I were a mechanic, it would definitely be a pain in the ass to repair those areas. It's hard to get them just right. The Mazda 6 must survive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Awe, thats not that bad, 4 days in the shop and she will be good as new. Since it was centered over the rear strut tower it should be ok but then again if the tower is pushed in then it will take about an hour on the frame rack to get her back in shape so she doesn't have a lopsided butt. Good luck to ya. God bless

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Man, I wish you good luck on that, but don't worry.....that'll buff right out

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I got their name/ins, police came, report filed, etc... so shouldn't be any problems.

Here are some pictures. They had a jeep wrangler so the spare wheel on back is what hit me for most part.

I am thinking since it'll be in the shop I may upgrade to the newer clear or black tail lights and headlights. Will the newer ones fit a 2003?
[/b]
Im pretty sure the newer headlights fit, but not absolutely sure. But I am sure the black tails fit...I have them :)

Sorry about the damage. It'll be good as new very soon. Good luck!

·
Registered
649 Posts
[/b]

The tails and headlights definitely fit but the black headlights will run you about 750 (per housing.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not so much fun. I was hit in June by a motorcycle into the front left wheel. Broke a bunch of stuff but it "looked" ok. The shop took almost 3 weeks and $4800 to fix it. Plus the guy didnt have insurance. I had the car for 367 days. :swearin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Not so much fun. I was hit in June by a motorcycle into the front left wheel. Broke a bunch of stuff but it "looked" ok. The shop took almost 3 weeks and $4800 to fix it. Plus the guy didnt have insurance. I had the car for 367 days. :swearin:
[/b]
That sounds a little over-priced my friend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sounds a little over-priced my friend.
[/b]
That is why I have insurance pay for it!
18hrs body labor, 11 hrs paint labor, 9 hours mechanical labor. That was half of it. New tire and rim lists at 224/345, headlight was 500. Maybe 600 for suspension and steering components. New bearing, mirror, etc. 220 for towing. Adds up quick.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The estimate for this is $4300. 3 to 4 weeks they told me once they get parts in and take car next week.
30 hrs work just on rear qtr panel - they are getting brand new one from mazda.
I'll be driving my wifes old saturn coupe in meantime and sharing our new B9 tribeca.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The estimate for this is $4300. 3 to 4 weeks they told me once they get parts in and take car next week.
30 hrs work just on rear qtr panel - they are getting brand new one from mazda.
I'll be driving my wifes old saturn coupe in meantime and sharing our new B9 tribeca.
[/b]
Why not get a CX-7 instead?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If the frame wasnt bent then you got hosed if it cost 4800

1 - 19 of 19 Posts