Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the community and wanted to see if I can get some answers to why my Mazda 2009 car alarm keeps going off randomly. It happened at 7AM and then 10:30AM. Is my key dying or is my car broke?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sons car was doing that and it was related to an issue with the FOB, believe the panic button was getting stuck. Take out the battery in your FOB and see if the issue goes away, if it does, get a new FOB. We just removed the battery and he is going old school.

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
And how would I fix that, I’m not big on cars. My mother said the same thing
A place like Autozone should be able to check the charge on the battery for you and tell you if it's going bad. A new battery can cost anywhere between $50 and $250 depending on the quality that you get. I recommend getting something that's not the cheapest, but you also definitely don't need the most expensive.

Your battery is located directly under the hood of the car. It's got 2 terminals on the top of it, each with a clamp connected to them with a 10mm socket. Take note of which one is on the positive (+) and which is on the negative (-). They should be pretty easy to undo with a wrench but be sure to keep the clamps away from each other. It's perfectly normal to see/hear a very small spark when removing the clamps.

I'm not sure about your year, but typically the battery itself is also held in by a small metal bracket. After you remove the clamps and the bracket, you should be able to pull it up and out. Put a new battery back in its place and tighten everything back to where it's supposed to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts