Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BrandonRKD's 6

Car has been sold! New ride thread at: http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda-6-1st-generation-2002-2008/260463-brandonrkds-wwp-speed-6-a.html

Hey, the names Brandon. I'm 22 and I own a 2008 white mazda 6i ATX. This is my progress thread.

Interior:
Painted Interior pieces
Black painted Pillars
Ebay round AC knobs
LED footwell lights
MTX wannabe shift boot

Exterior:
05 sport bumper conversion
AE grill
BR Lip
Sport Side Skirts
Blacked out headlight bezels
Smoked side markers
Debadged
Evil M
Removed door guards
Sharkfin Antenna
Tinted windows
Plastidipped rear valence
6crew and zoom zoom decals

Lighting:
Interior:
All 194's replaced w/ white LEDs
LED strip trunk lights
Exterior:
Retrofit Morimoto projectors
CCFL Halo Rings
DDM Slim 35w 6000k HIDs in Low beam and fogs
Chrome dipped turn signals
Brake Light Mod
Sport bumper fog lights

Engine:
AEM CAI w/ Injen Hydroshield
Magnaflow CB Exhaust w/ CorkSport hangers
Grounded TB
Spin on oil filter conversion

Suspension:
Mazdaspeed Springs

Wheels:
TSW Interlagos 18 x 7.5 45 Offset
Hankook Black Bird V 225/40R18

Audio:
12" Alpine Type R 12D4
Rockford Fosgate R750-1D
Custom 1 cubic ft sealed box
Auxmod

3/18/2013

First picture I ever took of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put 35w 6000k hids in fog lights, added the footwell LEDs connected to courtesy lights, and added a shift boot cause my car is secretly manual

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Any tips on installing Halos?
Heatgun with a wide flathead screwdriver to open up the headlights. Thats really the only "hard" part. You just need a power source and a ground. I used my cigarette lighter for the power and connected an on/off switch in between and put it on my dash. Run the power fire through the firewall and connect it to all the + on the halos. Connect all the ground wires together and wire them to a bolt on the car. I just used small pieces of double sided tape to hold the halos on. I drilled a small hole in my headlight bezel up at the very top to fit the wires through for the smaller halo. I used a sharpie and made the white wires black. You cant see them. I've had them on my car for about 5 months with no problems.
Which lights are you going to put them around?

Heres a picture of the hole with the wires running through it. For the high beam I didnt have to drill one because theres plenty of space between the bezel and the actually light to run the wires through.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Heatgun with a wide flathead screwdriver to open up the headlights. Thats really the only "hard" part. You just need a power source and a ground. I used my cigarette lighter for the power and connected an on/off switch in between and put it on my dash. Run the power fire through the firewall and connect it to all the + on the halos. Connect all the ground wires together and wire them to a bolt on the car. I just used small pieces of double sided tape to hold the halos on. I drilled a small hole in my headlight bezel up at the very top to fit the wires through for the smaller halo. I used a sharpie and made the white wires black. You cant see them. I've had them on my car for about 5 months with no problems.
Which lights are you going to put them around?

Heres a picture of the hole with the wires running through it. For the high beam I didnt have to drill one because theres plenty of space between the bezel and the actually light to run the wires through.

So you didn't bake your headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you didn't bake your headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No. I didnt like the idea of putting my headlight in the oven. Just use a heatgun and go around the seal of the headlight for about 5 minutes to melt the sealant. Then stick the flat head screwdriver in the seam and twist going all around the headlight to pull it apart. Heat it up more as your going if you need to.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts