Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 6 Signature
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I became a new Mazda 6 owner in March 2022 and after weeks of agonizing what wheels and lowering springs to get that would not required any body modifications, finally got the results I wanted, let me know if anybody has any questions :)

2020 Mazda 6 Signature pearl white/ parchment interior
Tinted windows
MRR Ground Force GF7 19 x 8.5
H&R Sport springs
Pics show General Tires, later I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport for better grip on track

Pictures right after ceramic coating

·
Registered
131 Posts
I became a new Mazda 6 owner in March 2022 and after weeks of agonizing what wheels and lowering springs to get that would not required any body modifications, finally got the results I wanted, let me know if anybody has any questions :)

Tinted windows
K&R Sport springs
Pics show General Tires, later I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport for better grip on track

I must admit those wheels look sharp on your car.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 6 Signature
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont you mean H&R? Also, you didnt change the struts and shocks? Youll kill them.
yes I meant to say H&R, I fixed original post, thanks. Right only springs where changed, I had my local Mazda dealer changed them to avoid issues with warranty, and they where ok with them. Please let me know why you think they will kill struts and shocks?

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
yes I meant to say H&R, I fixed original post, thanks. Right only springs where changed, I had my local Mazda dealer changed them to avoid issues with warranty, and they where ok with them. Please let me know why you think they will kill struts and shocks?
They'll wear the struts more quickly than OEM because they add a bit more pressure to them. Typically you'll want to upgrade struts with lowering springs so they can properly handle it. You'll be fine for a while, they'll just wear a little more quickly is all.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 6 Signature
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They'll wear the struts more quickly than OEM because they add a bit more pressure to them. Typically you'll want to upgrade struts with lowering springs so they can properly handle it. You'll be fine for a while, they'll just wear a little more quickly is all.
You scare me for a minute... thank you for the clarification.:) Lol

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
You scare me for a minute... thank you for the clarification.:) Lol
That and it puts them outside their normal range of motion so they arent as effective. The increased rate can possibly blow them too.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

I have to give it up to you. It looks phenomenal!! Lowering mine has been an “on again/off again” internal struggle. “Do I” or “don’t I?” 🤷🏼‍♂️
One of these days I’ll get off high-center and make up my mind. I had agonized over dropping wheel diameters from 19” down to 18”. That turned out to be of my better decisions. With more sidewall flex in the 225/55/18 Pirelli’s the ride is pure driving joy.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

Do the springs come in different heights ?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

·
Registered
3 Posts

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

Your Mazda 6 is lookin GOOD....I got a black Mazda 6 Signature with 20X10.5 Rohanna RC10 with Airlift height adjusting suspension....check out my pics

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts

Tinted windows
H&R Sport springs

Right nice lookin’, Fella. Do you know what brand of ceramic coating was used?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 6 Signature
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have to give it up to you. It looks phenomenal!! Lowering mine has been an “on again/off again” internal struggle. “Do I” or “don’t I?” 🤷🏼‍♂️
One of these days I’ll get off high-center and make up my mind. I had agonized over dropping wheel diameters from 19” down to 18”. That turned out to be of my better decisions. With more sidewall flex in the 225/55/18 Pirelli’s the ride is pure driving joy.
Thank you for your feedback , glad you like the look :). So far I'm very happy with the decision to lowering it so it gives it that aggressive stance without sacrificing too much ride quality
That and it puts them outside their normal range of motion so they arent as effective. The increased rate can possibly blow them too.
Thank you so much for the valuable input, what struts and shocks would you recommend I use for those springs?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts