Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd show a few pics of the wiring and switch setup. These are the ones from "heronew" and wanted to use them as daytime running lights. They can be turned on when the car is on and go off if you turn off the car.

Here's how I ran the wiring harness in the engine bay and mounted the relay to the bolt under the fuse box.
[attachment=18181:Fog_Light_Wiring_1.JPG]

I think getting the wire for the switch through the multi-layer rubber grommet in the firewall was the hardest part of this install. Just used a long screw driver to punch the wire through.
[attachment=18182:Fog_Light_Wiring_2.JPG]

I mickey moused the switch that came with the kit into the dummy switch for temporary use until I get a factory Mazda fog light switch to go there.

[attachment=18186:Fog_Light_Switch_1.JPG][attachment=18187:Fog_Light_Switch_2.JPG][attachment=18188:Fog_Light_Switch_3.JPG]
[attachment=18189:Fog_Light_Switch_4.JPG][attachment=18190:Fog_Light_Switch_5.JPG][attachment=18191:Fog_Light_Switch_6.JPG]

I spliced the blue wire from the switch into the Green/Black wire in the fuse door kick panel, so that they'll only turn on when the car is on.
EDIT: Ignore the Green/White wire, it is NOT a constant 12v
[attachment=18192:12v_Source_1.JPG]

Completed:
[attachment=18193:Fog_Light_On.JPG]

-Nik

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yea nik is going mod crazy... thats how much now for light mods, i really think he needs glasses... lol j/k

its probably warm where u are, cuz my weather thwarts me from any modding ....

btw Happy New Year :beer: :ring:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nice job and write up. Great work on the switch! :yesnod:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments !

Yea nik is going mod crazy... thats how much now for light mods, i really think he needs glasses... lol j/k

its probably warm where u are, cuz my weather thwarts me from any modding ....
btw Happy New Year :beer: :ring:
[/b]
Yeah, these last few 4 day weekends have given me a chance to get a lot of crap installed that has been sitting in my room for months. As for lights, well, I've got about 6 more projects yet to do. 3 of them should be finished tonight. I'll post them in the Interior Mod section.

[attachmentid=18208][attachmentid=18205][attachmentid=18207]

It's actually been pretty cold here in the valley lately . . . Hi 53 Lo 37 :)

:cheers: Happy New Year !

-Nik

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
it looks really good by the way, but i wonder if you could help me please, i am struggling with the wiring aspect of the installation not having had any instructions.

i have a fair idea of how to install them but my kit also has from the switch, 2 yellow cables which become one and input into a 4 pin connector that i can't find anywhere to connect. would i have to take the wire of the connector and then splice it to a 12V line active only when the car is switched on.

i have managed to get it to work with a 12V supply but when i connect it to my front light wires, they don't seem to work and the switch seems to be on all the time....

basically, i want the fog light switch to be switched off when my lights are are off and when its night time and i switch on my lights, i would like the switch to illuminate but not be on.....

can someone help me as to what wire i have to connect it to please....(i hope i clarified myself...)

thanks in advance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.