Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to this:

Least my dog was happy.

No? Ok, maybe this is better

Take that old man winter!

And now here's my dog with snow on his head

So yeah. Guess I'm a dumb dumb head for not putting the Blizzaks on yesterday, but the lake effect snow watch came up in the mid evening then went to warning status by bedtime. Woops.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Imagine that, a Floridian pwned by snow.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hehe - thanks for the laugh :) The last pic (oh, and the one before it) are classic.

Drive safe. Originally from FL, eh? My fiancee (who moved up here) knows just how you feel ... or she will, when we have our first snowstorm in the East!

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally from MA, actually. I've seen my fair share of snow, but not in the previous 17-18 years, haha. I did drive around in it a lot earlier this year, but that was when I was on a job taking me all over the country, not in my car. I'm not going to bother driving until it clears. My summer tires are basically 17" hockey pucks right now.

It's coming down a lot harder now. This is so awesome, lol.

And Nealio--you know you wish you were here 8D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
time to get the board waxed!

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went out and drove to a tire place to get my Blizzaks put on and I gotta tell you--the SPTs handled even the snow and slush wonderfully. Because I have a deathwish or get some sort of twisted enjoyment out of flirting with danger, I tested out the braking and handling on a backroad and I honestly couldn't distinguish the performance in 30º slush from 90º heat. This is after 20k miles, 3 autocrosses, and 39 drag runs on these tires. Even under full acceleration they didn't slip, though they did yesterday but that was going up pretty steep hill. Car shuddered pretty bad with mild throttle, lol.

I'm 100% satisfied with this tire and can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I love my SPT's! Great tire, not just for the money, just a great tire.

My dachshunds hate the snow. Short-legged girls are always having to drag their junk through the snow. Frozen girl junk is FTL. At least, that's what their little doggy faces tell me after our walks in Lake Tahoe.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol sac

My dog started to limp yesterday after playing in the snow. He doesn't have any injuries but his back legs seemed very weak even after coming back in and getting warmed up. Last night when I took him out he just laid down in the snow after a little bit. I had to will him to get back up and keep going---which is quite easy, since he just wants to be happy and have fun.

Today I took him the same way through the snow and he didn't have any problems. Weird.

·
Registered
690 Posts
is that a 6 in the back starting up in the first picture?

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
omg -_- at a bar, at a club, at a lounge, at a party, at school, at work, at the dealer?? at a car meet, thru a friend, on the street, at a mall, in a closet?? T_T i give up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts