Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't made it on here much after selling the MS6. I see not too much more has developed - I've been lurking but very little posting.

Around October 2009 I sold my MS6. I was fully bolted and parted nearly everything out - was making around 300awhp (never dyno'd with the mani) and 335awtq. Sold it to a good friend for some cash and his '06 CBR600RR. Thought a bike would be my cure for speed, but our MN weather really only allows a few months of good driving. So I ended up deciding to sell it and try to capture my realistic dream of owning a C5 Z06. I listed the bike for sale and just a couple weeks was all it took to sell, and at the same time I found a C5Z that was local and had everything I wanted. The logistics of everything worked out perfectly. I sold the bike on Saturday, picked up the C5Z on Monday (today). I'm still looking for a complaint or regret...

On with pics!
The MS6:

The CBR600RR:

The 2002 C5 Z06 - only 28k miles:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice choice. My dad has had a C5 for a few months. Has cold air intake, larger throttle body, and intake manifold. Headers and 3" full exhaust. Chipped. Thing is a beast. I don't think you will regret it at all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity what did you pay for the vette?
I ended up paying $17k with selling the bike for $5,500 - so $22,500 total. My payment is nearly the same as the MS6, and insurance is cheaper with my daily added so I'm not complaining.

Nice choice. My dad has had a C5 for a few months. Has cold air intake, larger throttle body, and intake manifold. Headers and 3" full exhaust. Chipped. Thing is a beast. I don't think you will regret it at all.
Thank you, sir.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
That MS6 was clean as f*ck... I bet that was hard giving her up. Damn, so 300awhp/325tq still wasnt enough huh? Shit, im worried now... lol.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Looking good, nice choice!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That MS6 was clean as f*ck... I bet that was hard giving her up. Damn, so 300awhp/225tq still wasnt enough huh? Shit, im worried now... lol.
there is no such thing as enough power. :D

Reactions: djuosnteisn

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year is the vette? Never realized they could be had for so cheap.
It's an '02. The market tanked about two years ago and they've hit the floor and are starting to rise again. I got pretty lucky both that the car was local and the price.

That MS6 was clean as f*ck... I bet that was hard giving her up. Damn, so 300awhp/325tq still wasnt enough huh? Shit, im worried now... lol.
After being fully bolted and reaching the full potential of my stock turbo, it was an easy decision. The gains from doing a big turbo and engine build just weren't worth the cost, and it was too unpredictable. Now, more options are available, but still...not much news to preach for the MS6.

soooo...are you still friends?
hehe...well his car hasn't blown up so we're good. He actually took me to pick up the Z06.

·
Registered
314 Posts
/\ /\ Lol.

I originally groaned at Groceries' post, but I removed it since I totally meant it in a good natured way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So what is your daily driver to go along w/ the Z06? Bein in MN, I am sure you will spend a lot more time in the DD than playing w/ the new toy!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what is your daily driver to go along w/ the Z06? Bein in MN, I am sure you will spend a lot more time in the DD than playing w/ the new toy!
Rockin' a '97 Tbird! Actually it's super clean and the first snow it saw was this winter...great car and a cheap, easy to fix, reliable DD.

I'll drive the Z06 most days from April - November. We've had an early and warm, clear spring so I'm taking advantage of it everyday I can.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wow, seems like the used Corvette has become the default bailout car from the MS6.

That's a nice little progression right there, though. Something that not all of us get to enjoy....

That Corvette interior though, bleh. It's just painful to look at. A real crime against carmanity. Something GM should have been tried for in The Hague years ago (amongst so many other things)...

I know that my priorities are outa whack, but I would not own one because of that. All the more reason to look at the road while driving, I suppose, which would only increase your road awareness/safety (and perhaps is a contributing factor to your lower ins. rates).

Other than that, have a blast, as I'm sure you will!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The local guy I bought my wheels from bailed from a 6S and into a C5 Z06 Vette.
His 6S was his track car. Quite the upgrade from a 6S to a Z06 on the track!

The interior is a joke, but how can you complain? Such a sweet car. And JT got a nice deal on a low mileage one. Ya done well, sir.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't need leather wrapped everything, and all the extra bells and whistles. Honestly, it serves its purpose. The C5Z was meant to be a track car out of the factory. At 3,200 lbs it's saving weight wherever possible. It by no means coincides with its 2002 MSRP of $50k, but (to me) it's a helluva lot better than a Camaro, Challenger, Viper or pre-2010 Mustang!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Props on the C5Z acquisition. Always had a spot in my heart for one. One of my co-workers was selling a Vortech SC one for about 15k, had lots of other tasteless mods, but I wish I grabbed it to save it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My dad got his 02 vette with 13k miles for $22k. It was in mint condition. Not a scratch on the car. Not 1 single water spot. They say the guy who does the main distributing of hershey's had a garage full of cars. So he started cleaning house. lol. There is a local guy here selling his 02 zo6 for around 20 grand. I was amazed myself how much these things are selling for.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My dad got his 02 vette with 13k miles for $22k. It was in mint condition. Not a scratch on the car. Not 1 single water spot. They say the guy who does the main distributing of hershey's had a garage full of cars. So he started cleaning house. lol. There is a local guy here selling his 02 zo6 for around 20 grand. I was amazed myself how much these things are selling for.
I'm thinking you should pick one up :D

N/A is a whole new monster...let me tell ya.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts