Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She fought a good battle but lost it Friday night. She went very peacefully. I appreciate all of your wishes and prayers.

<div align="center">

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My prayers are with your family. I know how it feels to lose someone you love, but she's in a better place now. My condolences to you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My deepest sympathies, DeesM6i. I'll pray for you and your family.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Its been tough. Her memorial service is Saturday. It hasnt really hit me yet but I think it will then. My family is worried about my grandpa. He's really torn right now. I've been going everyday to see him. He is just really sad (which is to be expected). Anyhow, thank you so much. I really appreciate your prayers and well wishes.

Dee

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thanks guys. Its been tough. Her memorial service is Saturday. It hasnt really hit me yet but I think it will then. My family is worried about my grandpa. He's really torn right now. I've been going everyday to see him. He is just really sad (which is to be expected). Anyhow, thank you so much. I really appreciate your prayers and well wishes.

Dee
[/b]

I understand what you are going through. you and your family will be in my prayers....

·
Registered
88 Posts
She fought a good battle but lost it Friday night. She went very peacefully. I appreciate all of your wishes and prayers.
[/b]
Sorry to hear about that Dee. Hope you dont mind me asking, but what fight was she dealing with? My grandma who also just recently passed away less than a month ago, had alzheimers, and it just tore her up. And ill be perfectly honest with you, i know wherever she is right now, shes 10x happier than she ever was here on earth :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear about that Dee. Hope you dont mind me asking, but what fight was she dealing with? My grandma who also just recently passed away less than a month ago, had alzheimers, and it just tore her up. And ill be perfectly honest with you, i know wherever she is right now, shes 10x happier than she ever was here on earth :)
[/b]
She went in to the hospital February 6th (I think) She was in there a total of 71 days. Originally she went in for Sepsis (a blood bacterial infection) and then they found she had a bed sore also. In trying to fight both infections, she contracted pneumonia. So when the finally thought they had everything under control (3 weeks after originally going in) she began to have chest pains. They began tests on her heart and lungs and found she had a murmer in her heart and rushed her over to the heart unit at another hospital. They did a angeoplasty and found she had 3 blocked valves and her aeortic valve had collapsed. They scheduled heart surgery and a week later they sucessfully performed a quadruple bypass (all 4 valves were blocked) and an aeortic valve replacement. 4 weeks in the hospital can do a number on anyone especially one who was sick to begin with.

I forgot to mention that 3 years ago she had a stroke that completely disabled her right side and she never really recovered from that. Anyhow, she just kept getting weaker and weaker and nothing was working. Her kidneys failed and they had to put her on dialysis and they also put a trech in her throat to help with her breathing because she had so much water on her lungs. Nothing helped and after 70 days in the hospital the family decided to take her to hospice. They only gave her about a week but said that she would not feel any pain and that she would pass peacefully. Which she did. 7 1/2 hours after her transfer to Hospice, she passed in her sleep. Only her and my grandfather were in the room and I truly honestly believe that is the way she would have wanted it...

·
Registered
88 Posts
She went in to the hospital February 6th (I think) She was in there a total of 71 days. Originally she went in for Sepsis (a blood bacterial infection) and then they found she had a bed sore also. In trying to fight both infections, she contracted pneumonia. So when the finally thought they had everything under control (3 weeks after originally going in) she began to have chest pains. They began tests on her heart and lungs and found she had a murmer in her heart and rushed her over to the heart unit at another hospital. They did a angeoplasty and found she had 3 blocked valves and her aeortic valve had collapsed. They scheduled heart surgery and a week later they sucessfully performed a quadruple bypass (all 4 valves were blocked) and an aeortic valve replacement. 4 weeks in the hospital can do a number on anyone especially one who was sick to begin with.

I forgot to mention that 3 years ago she had a stroke that completely disabled her right side and she never really recovered from that. Anyhow, she just kept getting weaker and weaker and nothing was working. Her kidneys failed and they had to put her on dialysis and they also put a trech in her throat to help with her breathing because she had so much water on her lungs. Nothing helped and after 70 days in the hospital the family decided to take her to hospice. They only gave her about a week but said that she would not feel any pain and that she would pass peacefully. Which she did. 7 1/2 hours after her transfer to Hospice, she passed in her sleep. Only her and my grandfather were in the room and I truly honestly believe that is the way she would have wanted it...
[/b]
Wow sorry to hear that. In respect, she did loose a tough battle. But ya know, as i said before, right now shes probably chilling somewhere 10 times better than she has since her stroke 3 years ago, and this previous stint in febuary. She's probably lookin down on ya saying no reason to be sad, im up here pain and suffering free, enjoying myself.

Whenever anyone has gone through so much, like my grandma and yours, you cant help but be happy inside for them. My grandma had Alzh. For at least 10 years now, and in that time, she turned into a completely different person. She had to have been one of the best good ol ladies in the world, and then one of the worst illnesses took her, and from that point on, i had this huge weight on my shoulders, because i wish there was more that i could do. When she passed, i was sad, but deep down , i was really happy. I knew that the grandma i knew, wouldnt want to be the way she was, and that where she was going, was going to be a walk in the park.

Anyway, long story short, your grandma was kick ass to walk the earth this long, and suffer as much as shedid. But dont get yourself down, just remember shes probably kickin back right now, enjoying a tasty beverage, in the shade, enjoying not being in pain and suffering anymore :)

:angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
NeOxJoKeR
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing