Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid f*cker rear ended me today. I was suprised how well the bumber held up.. it didnt crumble... just lots of scratches, reflectors popped out, dents, ground effects pulled partly off, right muffler tip chewed up... possible damage on mechanics under car from it being hit really hard... the other person doesnt have insurance of course. :tear:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Stupid f*cker rear ended me today. I was suprised how well the bumber held up.. it didnt crumble... just lots of scratches, reflectors popped out, dents, ground effects pulled partly off, right muffler tip chewed up... possible damage on mechanics under car from it being hit really hard... the other person doesnt have insurance of course. :tear:
[/b]

Oh dude that sucks. Are u ok? Did the person get fined for not having insurance. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dude that sucks. Are u ok? Did the person get fined for not having insurance. Keep us posted!
[/b]
I am ok... just shaken up... my lower back is starting to hurt pretty bad though... the officer just gave her a ticket or something... i dont really remember anything he said bcz i was trying to fill out a card, and i couldnt think... my boyfriend got all the info for me... but they have to work with my insurance company... either pay for it out of pocket, or we sue them... or my insurance company takes her car to pay for the damages, something like that. Sucks bcz my clear tail lights just came in today and i was excited about putting them in...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Go for the sue!

sorry to hear u got in a accident. how'd you get rear eneded though?
do you have full coverage?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go for the sue!

sorry to hear u got in a accident. how'd you get rear eneded though?
do you have full coverage?
[/b]
i have full coverage... a fire truck was pulling out onto a busy highway and i had to slam on my brakes... and i was going to stop in time.... but the girl who was behind me was following too close and she slammed on her brakes and they screeched, and at first i thought those were my brakes... but then she hit me... i swear sometimes emergency vehicles cause more accidents than they fix...

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
gotta love that no insurance bullshit. fucking amazing how people can drive without it. i hope you feel better and get this taken care of soon; my sister was the victim in a rear-end incident in her Grand Cherokee last year. a lot of memory and neck issues resulted from it.

where are you located btw?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh that sucks!! I'm glad to hear that you're (relatively) ok though. Is it just me or are the ones with insurance always getting hit...and those without insurance always causing the accidents??? You follow the rules and still get screwed... I say go for the sue....get enough to pay for your car (and upgrades??), any medical bills, time off from work...just remember....they're the morons that hit you and were following you too close - make them pay!!! My mom got in accident about two years and we received the settlement from hers not long ago (decided to sue)...they paid for all of her rehab (neck/shoulder pain) and had a little extra (they had totaled her car).... It sucks, but you have to look out for yourself in these kinds of situations! That's what insurance is for!!! Hope your back feels better!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i have full coverage... a fire truck was pulling out onto a busy highway and i had to slam on my brakes... and i was going to stop in time.... but the girl who was behind me was following too close and she slammed on her brakes and they screeched, and at first i thought those were my brakes... but then she hit me... i swear sometimes emergency vehicles cause more accidents than they fix...
[/b]
as a Paramedic, i agree and disagree. Firstly you said it was a fire truck, firefighters are lazy sacks of idiocy who think the world should revlove around them, so they tend to just drive however they want and damn everyone else (in their own vehicles too). But yes, it does happen fairly often that the person in the front will see the apparatus and not the person behind, but if she was following that close you should go after her, don't let this cost you a penny in the end.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gotta love that no insurance bullshit. fucking amazing how people can drive without it. i hope you feel better and get this taken care of soon; my sister was the victim in a rear-end incident in her Grand Cherokee last year. a lot of memory and neck issues resulted from it.

where are you located btw?
[/b]
I am in Texas, here they just issue a ticket/warning type of thing...

Oh that sucks!! I'm glad to hear that you're (relatively) ok though. Is it just me or are the ones with insurance always getting hit...and those without insurance always causing the accidents??? You follow the rules and still get screwed... I say go for the sue....get enough to pay for your car (and upgrades??), any medical bills, time off from work...just remember....they're the morons that hit you and were following you too close - make them pay!!! My mom got in accident about two years and we received the settlement from hers not long ago (decided to sue)...they paid for all of her rehab (neck/shoulder pain) and had a little extra (they had totaled her car).... It sucks, but you have to look out for yourself in these kinds of situations! That's what insurance is for!!! Hope your back feels better!
[/b]
I will try and get everything out of them that I can... since they hit my muffler and it is really loose i dont know what else was effected on my exhaust system... so if that has to be replaced I might just go ahead and get a magnaflow catback or something. So far no neck pain... my back was hurting last night... but now that i slept on it it is feeling fine... thanks for your support :)

as a Paramedic, i agree and disagree. Firstly you said it was a fire truck, firefighters are lazy sacks of idiocy who think the world should revlove around them, so they tend to just drive however they want and damn everyone else (in their own vehicles too). But yes, it does happen fairly often that the person in the front will see the apparatus and not the person behind, but if she was following that close you should go after her, don't let this cost you a penny in the end.
[/b]

lol, i love the "lazy sacks of idiocy"... yeah i dont know why they didnt wait for a small clearing at least... i guess some people were slowing down for it and it decided to go, but i wasnt focused on my far right so i didnt see it as soon as others saw it. im not sure how close she was following me as i was trying to pay attention to what was ahead of me when i was stopping... but her mom was like "you shouldnt follow people so close" and blah blah blah... so she was following close enough to where she wasnt paying a lot of attention and couldnt stop in time.

sorry tp hear about that. hopefully everything/everyone will be alright.
[/b]

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. Anyways, one thing I never understand, when I drive into Washington, I'll see cars that don't have license plates. How do they get away with driving without insurance?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ducky, and glad you're OK. I'd sue the dumbass. Accidents are inevitable, but having no insurance to cover them is inexcuseable. In the meantime, see if the insurance company can put you in something like, say, a Mustang. :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
First, glad to hear you are basically OK. Hope the back doesn't cause you too many issues (but on that you never know...) And your insurance will pay for the car and any medical treatment you need - and then try to recover from the idiot that hit you, if they think it's even worth the trouble (which it may not be.)

As for suing - well, you can sue. And you will probably get a judgement in your favor. But just because you get a judgement doesn't mean you will get any money unless they have "obvious" money. And unless they do have "obvious" money you won't be able to get an attorney to take your case on contingency - which means the attorney will want you to give him a retainer (up front money to cover time and expenses) and as you go on, once the retainer runs out, you will need to make continued payments.

If the person you are suing doesn't have any obvious money, after paying the attorney's fees you will have to try to get a lien on any property the defendant may own for any judgement amount, assuming they have anything you can put a lien on (personal liens - a lien against an individual as opposed to property - are pretty worthless.) And then you will be able to collect only when they sell that property (and you will be far down the list of those that get paid - after the bank and pretty much everyone else that has a claim on the property...)

If they don't have any property you'll have to try for an order to garnish their wages - and then chase them around every time they change jobs to continue collecting - assuming they can keep a job once the employer finds out the wages are garnished. (They can't be fired for that, but they can be fired for other 'unrelated' reasons...) Here's a good article on the pitfalls of garnishing someone's wages. Collect Your Court Judgment With a Wage Garnishment

If an attorney will take it on contingency, then you may actually have a chance to get something from them. Otherwise you probably won't see a dime.

In Oklahoma you can file a claim against a person with the State Department of Public Safety and they won't be able to get their driver's license renewed until they get a release from you (which you won't give until they pay you.) But you have to remember to renew it every 5 years or it lapses.

Anyway, whatever you choose to do - good luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
[/b]
Lets not blame the accident on anyone other than the driver that was following too closely.

As a former Firefighter/EMT/Engineer, I can say that a large majority of drivers have no respect for ANY emergency vehicles, until they need one. I have alot of admiration for EMS, not quite sure where the "lazy sacks of idiocy" comment came from? But, I'm glad to hear that you were able to walk away with only minor injuries. I hope you are able to get your vehicle repaired without too much red-tape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing