Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have to vent....Today while walking out of Office Depot these 2 guys were walking right in front of me. As it turns out their car was parked just beyond mine. As they walked by my car one of them kind of looked at my car and went "pfffff". Now, I'm not sure that they were talking about my car but WTF!!!! Fuck you! You jealous little bitch. All they had was a beat up Jeep! God I wanted to say something but I didn't want to look like a fool if they weren't actually talking smack you know? What would you have done? Maybe I'm just too stressed out right now.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
This should be in the lounge, don't you think? Anyways, I think there is alot of people out to rain on the parades of those of us who take pride in vehicles. Blow it off, consider the source. You along with many others know what awesome cars we drive. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
just because they had a beat up Jeep does not mean that they don't take pride in it. I know because I do, and I do. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just because they had a beat up Jeep does not mean that they don't take pride in it. I know because I do, and I do. Different strokes for different folks.
[/b]
No that's still bullshit. Anyone can see that I put a lot of time and effort into my 6 being very careful not to make it look tacky. They attacked the mods I chose. Therefore, I'm attacking their jeep which obviously had NO time into it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Don't stress over of that.
People [some people] will never like certain cars for whatever reason.
It does not mean that your car is bad in any way.
It does mean that they did not understand your car and it was something they could/would not do.

Don't take it personal.

Now if they damage your car because they don't like it... That's another story.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You also have to look at it from other perspectives, one mans trash, is another man's treasure. Although we all love our Mazda6's, other people might not look at them in the same light. Sometimes it just boils down to the way people think. We love modified cars, some people think its tacky. Such is life.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I get it all the time dude. The 6 seriously looks aggressive and looks like its a much more expensive car than it really is, then they see a 25 year old driving it just sets people off. Its probably the same feeling I get when I see someone my age or college age driving a new or hand-me-down BMW (or equivalent) that their parents bought for them and paying the insurance on. I should put a sticker on my car that states, 'I pay for everything myself, so bac-du-fuc-off.'

People don't know what the 6 is worth since they don't read their Car and Driver and Motortrends like most of us do. You read those magazines, and you can instantly cite what options come with what cars and what everything costs....the mags are all definitely biased though when it comes to reviews.

Then I always get some piece of shit car that thinks hes got something to prove trying to cut me off or pass me in high-cop areas. Either that or one of those beater big trucks or SUVs that somehow still run. People WITH BMWs/Mercedes/Audis are just as bad sometimes, probably cause of the 'put you in your place' mentality, even with co-workers that leave work at the same time as me.

The best course of action is just to let it go. I know for a fact that its easier said than done though. Don't accept their challenge, cause those pieces of shit have literally nothing to lose. My car is modded so I can drive fast and in control when no-one else is on the road....not to 'play' with other cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
mbrogz3000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing