Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought the car about 1.5 months, sadly..... IT HAS 5000kms.. OMG

WHen should I get a servic, and where? What type of fluid should go into it?
Also I am an agressive driver. I have had it in the red a FEW times... maybe 6... Ooops. Never had a car that jums from 3grand to 6grand so fast. It must be the TALL first gear. I dunno.. Do I need a tranny cooler? It's a 3.0v6 sport 2006, with a 6spd auto..... I use the manual control alot. no complaints so far.

I have never owned a nice car before, always Muddin Trucks, and beat boxes. Took a big jump here and always serviced my own vehicles. Not sure if I should try that with this one. I dont even know what I am looking at when I open the hood.

A little help and imput would be nice.

Ohh, and are the 18/45 series perelli's that come on this car winter (canadian) rated??? or do I have to change em out, I think it will look pretty profane with steelies.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Take it to wolfe mazda in langley...I hear they are the best for service and advice! Since you are just breaking in the vehicle I would just stick with what mazda recommends. As for winter tires I'm not sure what you should do! Its a gamble here in the lowermainland if we get serious snow this year or not.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
some drivers change the oil after breaking in the engine ~1000km and some *like me* waited till the 8000km mark.

check your tranny fluid to see if it's red or black. it should still be good considering you have 5000kms. my tranny oil was pitch black in less than 18000km however i have the 5 spd auto. after changing the oil and installing a tranny cooler the shifts are quicker than before.

·
Registered
420 Posts
4 months or 8000km are the recommended intervals. Make sure you are carefull with the tranny fluid it is a special kind and does not mix with mercron!!! I always advise that aslong as the car has warranty bring it to a dealer for service avoiding any potential problems. If you have any questions check my profile and give me a call.

Art.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My care stalled today... it's an auto... stalled at a light.. WTF?

·
Registered
420 Posts
My care stalled today... it's an auto... stalled at a light.. WTF? [/b]
Thats weird :huh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I wasn't in it at the time. My Fiance was driving it. I am on call all week so I get to spend the next few days in a BIG ASS ECONOLINE VAN.. Woooo.

But she said she hit the gas and went no where then has to restart the car and really hit the gas to make it go....

I dunno. She also said it pulled right but only for a short time. I think that part was just the curve of teh road.. but the stalling.... thats wierd.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Usually when something weird like that happens, the check engine light usually lights up and gives you a code. But keep an eye on it, it might happen again!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'll have to bring mine in for the first service soon also. If I go to Langley, what's there to do around there while I wait? Is it close to the movie theatre?

I'm much closer to the one on Boundary in Vancouver.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
service at boundary is bad so i hear but take one for the team and find out. i been to morrey in north van once for service and i was very satisfied with their work. i probably will go back to get my oil change done there.

depending on traffic going to wolfe langley takes about the same time as going to morrey in north van though :) .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it from signature in richmond, I was happy with them. I may go back there. Not sure yet. but it IS going in early. fer sure.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I get free oil and filters at Morrey, so I always go there. You might want to call around though cause I don't think they all charge the same price.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'll have to bring mine in for the first service soon also. If I go to Langley, what's there to do around there while I wait? Is it close to the movie theatre?

I'm much closer to the one on Boundary in Vancouver. [/b]
We have a movie theatre near by but you will only get into the previews by the time your car is done. We do offer drop off and pick up service to the mall which is just up the street. Call in and ask for Raju, he is our replacement for Jeremy.

Art

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get free oil and filters at Morrey, so I always go there. You might want to call around though cause I don't think they all charge the same price.
[/b]
Where is morrey mazda?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Morrey Mazda is on Hastings, near Clark Dr.

I go to West Coast Mazda in Port Moody because it's close to my house, but service is great there too, it's where I bought my 6.
[/b]
I go to Morrey in North Van.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the good advice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts