Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how long does it take to get over the anxiety of getting your first mod put on your new Speed6? I just had the MazdaSpeed CAI put on today (first real mod ever and I am coming up on 40!!!). So now I am imagining strange noises and things falling off the car.

My dealer did the install so I know it must be right. Genuine Mazdaspeed accessory so no problem there. Anyone else go through this when they had something installed? I might not be able to get anything else in the future if it is this stressful! :lol: :wstupid:

·
Registered
146 Posts
So how long does it take to get over the anxiety of getting your first mod put on your new Speed6? I just had the MazdaSpeed CAI put on today (first real mod ever and I am coming up on 40!!!). So now I am imagining strange noises and things falling off the car.

My dealer did the install so I know it must be right. Genuine Mazdaspeed accessory so no problem there. Anyone else go through this when they had something installed? I might not be able to get anything else in the future if it is this stressful! :lol: :wstupid:
[/b]
one of my customers here had a dealer install the CAI for him so it would be warrantied with the car. turns out the technician installed it incorrectly and the fender dug a ridge into the pipe where the filter connects, almost cut through it! thankfully the dealer replaced the intake free of charge. other than that, seems like a nice piece!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just relax, it'll be fine. I haven't been into the modding scene long, only a year, but I haven't had any problems thus far. I started with a 1998 626 and added headers, full exhaust cat-back, cai, and a strut bar and had no problems.

The only modding stress I get now is making sure I don't change something that could/would void my warrantee, I was "forced" (not that I'm complaining :D) to get a new car so I'm going to use the warrantee til it is over.

Personally, I was only anxious to drive the car and try to feel out the differences. And as much as people will tell you it makes no difference, my biggest mod will always be a strut bar - I drive my car hard enough at least some of the time to feel a difference with a strut bar... which reminds me of some post where someone said we don't have struts on our car, and gave me a headache.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to tell you but you certainly should be nervous. This message board is full of people with major problems with the car and most of them are stock. Add customization to the mix and you're just asking for trouble. Sorry if this makes you feel worse but if you just wanted a bunch of people to lie and say "don't worry, everything will be fine" you probably should have stated that in the original post.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I understand some parts are crap, others are great, and some things break down more than others... but I'm of the group that knows that how people treat something makes a huge difference.

Some people baby a car and have no problems while others do the same and it dies early.

Some people "ride it like a ho" and have numerous problems while others don't have many.

Every car is different, so you can't worry that it'll break down even without customization or you can make it yours and take care of it. If you are going to worry all the time, then I would say don't bother modding or get a life... shit happens whether you want it to or not, sometimes sooner sometimes later.

Don't forget, people post MORE when they have problems and LESS when they don't. I shouldn't have to say more, that is what car forums are for. For every person who praises how well their car does there are 10+ that have posted because they have a problem. It simply doesn't make sense to say "hey guys my car is doing great!". So don't go by the fact that a lot of people have problems on the forum, the forum is here *most* for those people.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I understand some parts are crap, others are great, and some things break down more than others... but I'm of the group that knows that how people treat something makes a huge difference.

Some people baby a car and have no problems while others do the same and it dies early.

Some people "ride it like a ho" and have numerous problems while others don't have many.

Every car is different, so you can't worry that it'll break down even without customization or you can make it yours and take care of it. If you are going to worry all the time, then I would say don't bother modding or get a life... shit happens whether you want it to or not, sometimes sooner sometimes later.

Don't forget, people post MORE when they have problems and LESS when they don't. I shouldn't have to say more, that is what car forums are for. For every person who praises how well their car does there are 10+ that have posted because they have a problem. It simply doesn't make sense to say "hey guys my car is doing great!". So don't go by the fact that a lot of people have problems on the forum, the forum is here *most* for those people.
[/b]
you are exactly right, if everyone posted how that their MS6 is running great, this forum would be flooded.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
now put some race gas in it and get the cp-e cat back and you will really feel a change - it will feel like a whole new beast. its a good idea to learn about the mod a bit even if you dont install it yourself. with the CAI you will want to check the fitment now and then.

·
Registered
386 Posts
one of my customers here had a dealer install the CAI for him so it would be warrantied with the car. turns out the technician installed it incorrectly and the fender dug a ridge into the pipe where the filter connects, almost cut through it! thankfully the dealer replaced the intake free of charge. other than that, seems like a nice piece!
[/b]
Hey, is that you Captain? I think he is refering to me. That fender almost cut right through that thing in 3 days. Thankfully I did have them put it on and got a new one from them. If i would of wasted about $300 I would of been ticked. Will you be at the Zoom-Zoom live this weekend Captain?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to tell you but you certainly should be nervous. This message board is full of people with major problems with the car and most of them are stock. Add customization to the mix and you're just asking for trouble. Sorry if this makes you feel worse but if you just wanted a bunch of people to lie and say "don't worry, everything will be fine" you probably should have stated that in the original post.
[/b]
If you are basing problems with the Mazdaspeed6 on what you read on this forum, then you are sorely mistaken. The forum probably represents 1% of all Mazdapseed6s. Not everyone that buys a particular model is a car freak and posts on the forum. There are plenty of stock and modified cars out there without any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Glad to see others are in agreement with me. Not that it really matters, just makes me into less of an arse.
[/b]
He is negative in just about every thread that he posts. He is either a huge Internet tool or he has had problems with his car and he pissed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
YOU HAVE JUST LOST YOUR WARRANTY!!

lol, jk man, dont stress about it, its just an intake, almost no different than just servicing a car and replacing the filter, can you feel the difference? This is where the mod bug starts btw ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YOU HAVE JUST LOST YOUR WARRANTY!!
lol, jk man, dont stress about it, its just an intake, almost no different than just servicing a car and replacing the filter, can you feel the difference? This is where the mod bug starts btw ;)
[/b]
Now that was funny!!

I actually did feel a pretty big difference and that was just driving on regular roads. Going to get it out on the highway tomorrow so that should be fun.

Keep up the good work guys! I love reading all the topics in here. 6 months ago I had never even heard of a CAI or catback exhaust. Now I could almost use them in a sentence without getting laughed at!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry to tell you but you certainly should be nervous...
[/b]
I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly but certainly (or most particularly) when it comes to work that your dealer does (as opposed to yourself), you should be watchful. After having things done at different dealers, I've found bolts/screws, tools, and overfilled oil levels after double checking their work. Never hurts to take a look around afterwards - or just do it yourself and be sure.

If you are basing problems with the Mazdaspeed6 on what you read on this forum, then you are sorely mistaken. The forum probably represents 1% of all Mazdapseed6s. Not everyone that buys a particular model is a car freak and posts on the forum. There are plenty of stock and modified cars out there without any problems whatsoever.[/b]
I would agree with this. Most of the people that end up here are either car freaks to begin with or people who have had problems and go looking to find others with the same problem and hopefully a solution. Then some just stick around for the fun of it. :D The rest of the peeps just go blindly through their driving relationship with their car without a care in the world. :closedeyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey, is that you Captain? I think he is refering to me. That fender almost cut right through that thing in 3 days. Thankfully I did have them put it on and got a new one from them. If i would of wasted about $300 I would of been ticked. Will you be at the Zoom-Zoom live this weekend Captain?
[/b]
haha yes its me :) how are you Eric? i was not able to make it to ZZL :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts