Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
my car, 17,000 miles, seems to have a whistling noise coming from the right side when i'm driving. it stops when i hit the breaks, also seems to go on and off depending on which way i'm driving the car (left turns / right turns). any clue what could be goin on?

·
Registered
198 Posts
my car, 17,000 miles, seems to have a whistling noise coming from the right side when i'm driving. it stops when i hit the breaks, also seems to go on and off depending on which way i'm driving the car (left turns / right turns). any clue what could be goin on?
[/b]

wheel bearing??

·
Registered
133 Posts
[/b]
could be the sensor on your brake pads??? I had a nissan that did the same thing, slapped some new pads on it and it stopped. It does seem a little to early for new pads though with 17 K miles. could be the wheel bearing like nocondorfx mentioned.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have noticed sommething similar like that before during summer and I have yet to do the first oil change yet!!! But I could only hear it when I have my window down and since its the middle of winter it stays up .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Happened to me a while back. Was less a whistling and more a constant subtle metal-on-metal scraping noise. It's probably your pads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts