Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda6 Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Mazda6 owners/drivers.....

I recently purchased a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with right at 100,000 miles on it and so far I am quite happy with it as my daily driver/commuter.

I know this generation of Mazda6 isn't very old yet but I am curious how many miles I can expect to get out of my car assuming I do all the necessary and routine maintenance as needed ?

Any other insights or advice is appreciated.

Thanks !

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would estimate 150K miles fairly reliably if mostly city driven, 300K miles if majority is highway miles.

·
Registered
2016 6
480 Posts
I’ve seen many 3rd gen models surpass 150k miles with no major components being changed. As long as all maintenance is kept up on I don’t see why these engines wouldn’t run over 300k. I would say the biggest issue is usually just random electrical problems caused by outside sources (mice, weather/water damage, body shop).

·
Registered
2015 Mazda6 Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would estimate 150K miles fairly reliably if mostly city driven, 300K miles if majority is highway miles.
I am unsure how the first 100k passed but from the look of the car and not being all THAT old, I feel confident that it was mostly highway miles. All service was documented on the Carfax and no accidents. Aside from an occasional short trip to town, all of my driving is highway. My driveway connects to a state highway and my work is less than a mile off of the interstate. Stop-and-go traffic almost never happens unless there is a really bad accident and even then only for a mile or two usually.

I think 250k is a reasonable expectation with proper maintenance. I should reach that in 5-6 years if my employment doesn't change again in the foreseeable future.

I’ve seen many 3rd gen models surpass 150k miles with no major components being changed. As long as all maintenance is kept up on I don’t see why these engines wouldn’t run over 300k. I would say the biggest issue is usually just random electrical problems caused by outside sources (mice, weather/water damage, body shop).
Yes I agree.

·
Super Moderator
18,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's a good handful of us at/above the 200k mile mark with little to no issues. Keep up the preventative maintenance and you'll be good to go. These Skyactive engines are incredible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts