Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just took delivery from Carvana for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring with about 89,000 miles. The car looks and drives great, but I did notice an issue while taking delivery that I wanted to run by you guys.

Once I popped the hood, I noticed that there was something leaking in front of the passenger side of the hood, after taking a closer look at the markings on the component that was leaking, it seems it's the engine mount. Part number KD45-K1442 , I've attached some photos for it. Carvana is giving me the option of taking the car to their local approved shop (Firestone) to get it looked at and fixed at no cost, or I take it somewhere else and I would pay a $200 deductible.

I already have an appointment with the local Mazda dealership tomorrow afternoon to look it over, and it's going to cost me $150. My question is if you guys think this is something that I should trust a Mazda dealership to do, or should I trust the mechanics at Firestone.. or should I see this is a big red flag, and exercise my 7 day return guarantee and just find a different car?

Hood Motor vehicle Auto part Magenta Metal

Automotive lighting Serveware Metal Close-up Hood

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Blown motor mount. Dont bother taking it to the dealer, you should have done that before buying it. If CV wont replace the mount, give the car back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blown motor mount. Dont bother taking it to the dealer, you should have done that before buying it. If CV wont replace the mount, give the car back.
Thanks for the feedback @TalonTsi90 , my goal with taking it to the dealer is to see if there are any other issues with the car, and then present my case to Carvana. I had no way of knowing the motor mount was blown until I physically saw the car, and that didn't happen until 3:30pm CDT yesterday. If CV refuse to pay to fix it, then I'll definitely return it and get something else.

Looking around on this forum and the rest of the internet, it also seems I may be better off with a slightly newer model that has the Mazda Connect system, so I can get it updated/upgraded to something with Carplay.

I'm not a gearhead/mechanic so I'm curious what exactly would happen if I hadn't noticed this leak for a few months? Will the motor drop? or will the car start making a lot of noise on the inside?

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Wait... you bought a car unseen and uninspected?

The motor wont fall out, but itll be misaligned and can cause issues with other components that require the motor/trans to align them. If the pass side is this bad, the drivers and lower will be long shot too.

·
Administrator
18,850 Posts
Wait... you bought a car unseen and uninspected?
That's how Carvana works. Save some cash to buy blind. I'm shocked they had the nerve to deliver a car in that state. 100% contact them and have them fix it or give you your money back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just took delivery from Carvana for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring with about 89,000 miles. The car looks and drives great, but I did notice an issue while taking delivery that I wanted to run by you guys.

Once I popped the hood, I noticed that there was something leaking in front of the passenger side of the hood, after taking a closer look at the markings on the component that was leaking, it seems it's the engine mount. Part number KD45-K1442 , I've attached some photos for it. Carvana is giving me the option of taking the car to their local approved shop (Firestone) to get it looked at and fixed at no cost, or I take it somewhere else and I would pay a $200 deductible.

I already have an appointment with the local Mazda dealership tomorrow afternoon to look it over, and it's going to cost me $150. My question is if you guys think this is something that I should trust a Mazda dealership to do, or should I trust the mechanics at Firestone.. or should I see this is a big red flag, and exercise my 7 day return guarantee and just find a different car?

View attachment 247320
View attachment 247319
View attachment 247318
If it were me, I'd take it their Firestone and ha
ve them look into it or just take the car back and get a different one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts