Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh... yesterday at night the bumper and the fender of my car has been scrached by a lady, who paid no attention to the road marking...

though the damage is minimal. a nearly invisible scrach of paints on the driver sides front fender and the bumper. nevertheless it's an unplesent feeling to deal with the insurance to cover the damage.

the dealer said that the bumper and the fender must be repainted, but suggested to do it in the spring (as the scrach is barely visable) so in case I would scrach it myself some time during the winter I could get it repainted afterwords.

Sounds good for me, cause probably after waxing and polishing the scrach won't be vissable at all. So I have a spare paint job and maybe in spring I'll order the aero bumper. :) So I'll save on the paints :)

:sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'my first incident with mazda6 on the road...'

It's best to wait on little stuff like that for just the reason you said. My wife scraped the car over the rear wheel at one point. We delayed getting it fixed, and a couple of months later she made another scrape in the same spot. :p

but man, that sucks. New car and all, especially a '6!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

A year back, someone bashed their car door into the rear door of our 626 in a parking lot (why can't people be a bit careful????????). Yup, you got it...a dent.

That would have cost me 500 US$ damage, and I didn't want to pay that since just months earlier I had paid the same amount when my wife accidentaly reared into another car (the only good was that the other car in mention was a brand new Ford Mondeo...)

Anyway, I let this little dent be. And then it happened...another damage (you know I told you about it, with all the cardboard that scratched up the car). Even though I legally would have had to pay the damage, the other part voluntarily paid the damage. (It was a company).

So...the dent was fixed for no cost just by waiting.

Not that it matters anymore, cause the 626 was what I traded in to get my 6...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Just don't go out and actively look for a way to get it fixed for free. :sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That is a good point. Good advice. Causing accidents on purpose might put you behind bars...:sarc

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey, come on people; my incident has the responsible person who is ought to cover the damage of my 6 (actualy - his insurance company) :) only my dealer advised to do the paint job after the winter is over. Is it reasonable from your point of view?

No way would I ever make an accident on purpose.

Ugh... tonight is a sleepless night in Lithuania, cause we are having the presidents election day over here. But hell, I need some sleep :zzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts